Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baker and VanVleet Invited to Team USA Tryouts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker and VanVleet Invited to Team USA Tryouts.

Tryouts are July 7 - 12 in Colorado Springs.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Who are the other players invited? I saw somewhere there were supposed to be 34, but can't seem to find a full list anywhere.

Comment

Just noticed Team USA's head coach has seen both Baker and VanVleet. It's Mark Few. I imagine he remembers 23 points in 9 possessions and Baker's and VanVleet's role in that.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Hopefully, some of the tryout sessions will be open to the public. It would be great to take my son over and watch several of the sessions.

Comment

TV maybe? ESPN has the draft combine, maybe this too?
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Tad Boyle is one of the assistant coaches. That can't hurt our fellas chances.

Comment

In light of the upcoming PanAm tryouts. Turgeon to be one of the court coaches at the tryouts in Colorado Springs along with Ron Hunter and a JuCo coach Jason Flanigan of Holmes Community College .

Comment

I don't see how our boys miss the cut with this group.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                  I don't see how our boys miss the cut with this group.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/usa-nam...-games-roster/
                  Have to say that is an odd group.

I doubt Bobby Brown will make it though; he always wants things his way.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I'd have to say if our boys don't make the team, just based on players available on that list, it will look a whole lot like sour grapes from one or more of the 3 guys that have a history with WSU.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

The best thing about these tryouts is that it gets you into the USABasketball program/pipeline. I wonder if they quizzed Frankamp on his experience?

Comment

I see three quality point guards listed. I'd take all three with them in my opinion. I am surprised the Baylor coach is allowing Rico Gathers to participate. Not sure how good an image he promotes for USA basketball.

Comment

All Star game coaches like players who get down and dirty, play great defense, are tough nosed, play team basketball, and who can play some offense. They don't care for players who are one bit selfish. This describes Fred and Ron to a tee. They have a great chance to make it.

Comment

If they want to WIN, the selection process begins and ends with the 2 men from Wichita.

But that's usually not the driving force in the selection process.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              If they want to WIN, the selection process begins and ends with the 2 men from Wichita.

But that's usually not the driving force in the selection process.
                              I'm not sure exactly what you are driving at but the kid from Colorado and Micah Downs may be hard to beat out even if you are the better player.

Comment

Working...
                              X