Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baker and VanVleet Invited to Team USA Tryouts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what you are driving at but the kid from Colorado and Micah Downs may be hard to beat out even if you are the better player.
    If I understood his statement correctly, that's exactly what he was driving at. Giving the team the best chance to win includes FVV and RB. That may not be what's most important to this coaching staff. It's yet to be determined.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I just looked up most of the guards invited to tryout. FVV and Baker are facing some stout competition for making the team. Just being asked to tryout with this group is quite the honor. If either of the guys make the team that will be such an acomplisnment. Excited to hear how are guys fare!

Comment

I selfishly want them to make the team just so we can watch them play more basketball on TV.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Dream scenario: both guys make the team, lead the team to gold medals, become the two players from this team that are invited to play on the Olympic team next year, come home and win a NC for WSU, become first round draft choices, win another gold medal at the Olympics, get drafted/traded to OKC, who also pick up Cle when he becomes a free agent after 15-16 season and Tekele after he spends a season rounding out his game, build a dynasty at OKC so Shocker Nation can become a long-term black and yellow section at Chesapeake Energy Arena.

So I have big dreams...don't judge me.

Comment

What happens if one makes it and one doesn't?

Comment

Then one will play and the other will not, and I will have to slightly change the dream. lol

Comment

Does anyone know when the roster is to be announced?

Comment

Last session here in Col Springs is Sun 5-7 MT. They will announce the team sometime Sun evening and then fly to Chicago on Monday and start practices there.

I hope to make a couple of sessions with my son this week. Waiting to hear from a contact whether sessions are open to public.

Comment

Originally posted by COS Shocker View Post
                    Last session here in Col Springs is Sun 5-7 MT. They will announce the team sometime Sun evening and then fly to Chicago on Monday and start practices there.

I hope to make a couple of sessions with my son this week. Waiting to hear from a contact whether sessions are open to public.
                    If you're able to get in, pass along some updates when you can!!

Comment

I will definitely post an update if I am able to attend any of the sessions. Very interested in Fred and Ron, also most here probably don't care but also interested in how Josh Scott is doing. We know his family and my son attends the same school as Josh's youngest brother. I hope all 3 make the team.

Comment

I grew up in Colorado, so definitely have a soft spot for the Buffs. I would love to see all 3 make it as well, and hope Tad has a good run at CU.

Comment

Has anyone seen or heard anything about how day 1 went? I can't find anything where it's even being discussed.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              Good grief. Who is the 8 foot tall guy in the middle!?

Comment

Isaac Haas, and we had a good shot at him.
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X