Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baker and VanVleet Invited to Team USA Tryouts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron looks like he's on a mission. Good read. Only wish we could see how that play ended up.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

So I've been able to figure out that the guys that have been cut are as follows:

Rico Gathers - Baylor
      Isaac Haas - the 8 footer from Purdue
      Malcolm Hill - Illinois
      Monte Morris - Iowa St
      Joshua Scott - Colorado
      Micah Downs - pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        So I've been able to figure out that the guys that have been cut are as follows:

Rico Gathers - Baylor
        Isaac Haas - the 8 footer from Purdue
        Malcolm Hill - Illinois
        Monte Morris - Iowa St
        Joshua Scott - Colorado
        Micah Downs - pro
        Actually, unless I'm missing something, Micah Downs did not go to the tryout. He was listed in the original 22 invites, but not in the 21 that were listed as being there, and they said they had only cut 5 to get down to 16.

Comment

Paul is a sports guy in Denver, he's been reporting some stuff on the training camp from Col Springs. I enjoyed this gem.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

2015 U.S. Pan American Men’s Basketball Team Finalists Roster

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado – Following four practices involving 21 hopefuls, USA Basketball announced 16 players had been selected finalists for the 2015 U.S. Pan American Men’s Basketball Team. The finalists, who range in age from 20 to 35 years old, include one player who played in the NBA in 2014-15, four who played professionally overseas, and 11 current collegians.

Named as finalists for the 2015 U.S. Pan American Men’s Basketball Team were: Ron Baker (Wichita State/Scott City, Kan.); Malcolm Brogdon (Virginia/Atlanta, Ga.); Bobby Brown (Dongguan Leopards, China/Los Angeles, Calif.); Isaiah Cousins (Oklahoma/Mount Vernon, N.Y.); Kellen Dunham (Butler/ Pendleton, Ind.); Nigel Hayes (Wisconsin/Toledo, Ohio); Ryan Hollins (Sacramento Kings/Pasadena, Calif.); Keith Langford (UNICS Kazan, Russia/Fort Worth, Texas); Shawn Long (Louisiana/Morgan City, La.); Taurean Prince (Baylor/San Antonio, Texas); Anthony Randolph (Lokomotiv-Kuban, Russia/ Pasadena, Calif.); Kaleb Tarczewski (Arizona/Claremont, N.H.); Romelo Trimble (Maryland/Upper Marlboro, Md.); Denzel Valentine (Michigan State/Lansing, Mich.); Fred Van Vleet (Wichita State/Rockford, Ill.); and Damien Wilkins (Indios de Mayagüez, Puerto Rico/Orlando, Fla.).

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              Paul is a sports guy in Denver, he's been reporting some stuff on the training camp from Col Springs. I enjoyed this gem.

that is totally awesome

Comment

Caption contest

Few, “I’m still having crazy nightmares about you two sumbitches”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Same guy said, "Hayes, Tarczewski, Van Vleet among college guys who stood out."

Comment

I think this guy knows his Shocker basketball pretty well.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I think this guy knows his Shocker basketball pretty well.

I hated that game. If I remember right it was decided by SIU free throws at the end. That dude had horrible form.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        I hated that game. If I remember right it was decided by SIU free throws at the end. That dude had horrible form.
                        Uh no we won

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Uh no we won
                          Oh, ok. I couldn't remember. Jamal Tatum and Randall Falker.... I hated those two more than the Korvers
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Were you thinking of the game we were getting our ass beat by 24, came all the way back and then ended up losing?

Comment

Were you thinking of the game we were getting our ass beat by 24, came all the way back and then ended up losing?
                              I think he might be thinking of the game a year later in 07 in Koch where we lost the ugliest game in basketball eternity, something like 47-40 or some crazy gunk like that.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This game was in the 03-04 season. It was my first game at Koch. Heck of a game.
                                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                                X