baker and van vleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    Neither will be a first round pick if they leave. Both will be back.
    Simply put and as true as the sun rising in the east.

Comment

Originally posted by courtlandsmommy View Post
      Sorry i miss spelled someones name
      That's okay, countlandsmummy. :abnormal:
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        That's okay, countlandsmummy. :abnormal:
        made me laugh!

Comment

FVV + RB + CF + GM + 3 headed monster + EW = F4

Comment

I don't know, but RB's not so stellar performance in the ND game may hurt him. Remember Cle last year in the Kentucky game, his stud performance seemed to propel his stock where he was being discussed as a possible first round player. I know NBA guys look at the body of work and project a player's talent in the NBA game, but RB was inconsistent toward the end of this season, unfortunately his last game was a dud, I don't know if last impressions will play a role. Selfishly, I hope he comes back to improve his game and have an opportunity to raise his stock, but if he leaves then I want him to get paid and seek out his dreams.

Comment

Ron's NBA evaluation will not be based on last night’s game or even the entire college season. What he excels at will translate. In fact, he will get better looks in the NBA than he does in the college game. Last night his role was to spread the floor as a means to provide room for Fred and DC.

If Ron's goal is to be an NBA player: I do not expect him to be a first round pick this year or next year; therefore, he is better off starting the journey rather than waiting another year. The college game cannot offer him the development rate that playing and practicing year round with pros provides. Obviously, he has all of the education and maturity that he needs for the immediate future.

With all of that said, my fingers are crossed and I hope they all return.

Comment

Ron probably needs to stay one more year so he can practice on creating his own shot. Fred is good at creating his own shot. Ron needs to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  Ron probably needs to stay one more year so he can practice on creating his own shot. Fred is good at creating his own shot. Ron needs to do that.
                  He can get more practice against pros in the NBA, NBA-DL or over seas...

Comment

I watched the post-game press conference last night and the last question for HCGM was from Paul Suellentrop and he asked about Ron and Fred and the NBA. I'm sure the transcript is out there somewhere, but HCGM said they would get some preliminary evaluations for both of them where they'd go in the draft and go from there. Said they'd be successful regardless of what they do.

Speaking of the press conference - Fred did a great job answering questions. Ron you could tell was down from the game, but did a good job as well.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                      Baker can earn a lot more with a college degree than the $1,200 bi-weekly a NBA-DL would get.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                        He'll get more exposure and more consitant play staying at WSU.

By this argument, anyone wanting to play professionaly should be one-and-done.
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          Baker can earn a lot more with a college degree than the $1,200 bi-weekly a NBA-DL would get.
                          And either will get a degree in May or be very close.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            Which he already has... The whole point is that there are a large number of non-basketball distractions that ultimately hurt player development. His basketball ROI is very low for next year, unless he puts a lot of value on making another MVC run/NCAA tournament run.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              A company with a fleet of vans?
                              Baker and Van Fleet

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                                He'll get more exposure and more consitant play staying at WSU.

By this argument, anyone wanting to play professionaly should be one-and-done.
                                Not at all - there are many guys with physical traits that haven't developed and may need exposure. Ron is a known quantity that is mature, has a great skillset, but will never jump off the page to scouts. The only way Ron makes more money from basketball because he stays at WSU is if he goes nuts in next year's tournament - becoming a huge national star. Which I am still hoping for:)

Comment

Working...
                                X