baker and van vleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
    I watched the post-game press conference last night and the last question for HCGM was from Paul Suellentrop and he asked about Ron and Fred and the NBA. I'm sure the transcript is out there somewhere, but HCGM said they would get some preliminary evaluations for both of them where they'd go in the draft and go from there. Said they'd be successful regardless of what they do.

Speaking of the press conference - Fred did a great job answering questions. Ron you could tell was down from the game, but did a good job as well.
    I thought the same thing about Fred in the press conf, the dude is just pure class. Showed respect for the other team and handled the questions extremely professionally IMO for coming off a disappointing loss.

I am slightly worried Fred's 3 solid games in the tourney against quality competition will get him some attention. The NBA draft is so messed up who knows, but for anyone who doubted him or discredited the competition he faced, he flat out showed what he can do against some good teams.

Comment

It was obvious the last 10 games or so that Ron struggled with a game plan meant to deny him touches.

If we can have legit perimeter threats at the 3/4 next year, I would think Ron could increase his offensive output again.

It will also be interesting to see if we play Ron and Conner at the same time next year.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Gotta say I'm really juiced to unleash CF next year. I bet he is really itching to let it fly.

Comment

I hope he's really itching to play defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
            Gotta say I'm really juiced to unleash CF next year. I bet he is really itching to let it fly.
            Absolutely. He would have been a huge boost against Notre Dame.
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
              Lighten up FuShock
              LMAO
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It's a good problem to have... Our program is changing for the better... When your coach is getting offers and your players are having to think about coming back it shows your program is big time..

Comment

Can someone please correct Fred's name in the title?

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                    It was obvious the last 10 games or so that Ron struggled with a game plan meant to deny him touches.

If we can have legit perimeter threats at the 3/4 next year, I would think Ron could increase his offensive output again.

It will also be interesting to see if we play Ron and Conner at the same time next year.
                    I believe Ron and Conner will play together when Fred is on the bench and that Fred and Conner will play together when Ron is resting. Those three will make up > 75 minutes per game at the 1/2.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                      It's a good problem to have... Our program is changing for the better... When your coach is getting offers and your players are having to think about coming back it shows your program is big time..
                      My favorite line from Bob Lutz' article was that these were First World Basketball problems to have...I like worrying about this more than who we're gonna hire to replace a crappy coach!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        Remember Cle last year in the Kentucky game, his stud performance seemed to propel his stock where he was being discussed as a possible first round player.
                        I think Cle's Ky game last year only got him on the radar of some scouts that perhaps had only fleetingly glanced at him before that.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I believe Ron and Conner will play together when Fred is on the bench and that Fred and Conner will play together when Ron is resting. Those three will make up > 75 minutes per game at the 1/2.
                          And your post would also answer a "couple" of other questions.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                            Absolutely. He would have been a huge boost against Notre Dame.
                            You're assuming CF would have been "on." Just because one has a reputation for being a good shooter doesn't automatically mean one would be "on" during a specific game.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              You're assuming CF would have been "on." Just because one has a reputation for being a good shooter doesn't automatically mean one would be "on" during a specific game.
                              True. However, the "threat" of him being able to shoot, opens the floor for others to score.
                              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                                He couldn't shot much worse.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X