Offseason Thread: 2015 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    I actually think Loyola should be a little better than that. They are a little under the radar. They have been on an uphill battle, but last year finished very well for them, and there is reason for hope. I'd love to see them crack the top 100.
    Agreed. They finished 87 in last year's RPI after winning the CBI - if Doyle stays healthy, they should have another nice season.

It would be nice if Porter could surround him with some better pieces though (specifically, a few serviceable big men).

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      So we'll see Loyola, ISUR, UE and UNI (no chance of SIU, BU, DU, MSU or ISUB) before our beloved Shocks make their appearance somewhere around November 10 I'd imagine?
      Isn't it amazing that we know for a fact that we'll be preseason top 10 in everything published between now and November 13, with a legitimate case for being slotted top 5?

Still blows my mind and I hope we never take it for granted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        Agreed. They finished 87 in last year's RPI after winning the CBI - if Doyle stays healthy, they should have another nice season.

It would be nice if Porter could surround him with some better pieces though (specifically, a few serviceable big men).
        Well, if WSU would stop stealing all their players...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
          Well, if WSU would stop stealing all their players...
          I think lane decommitted because Porter told him he was slated as the starting 5 man.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Newcomers ready to compete

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              “They seem to know how we compete,” WSU coach Gregg Marshall said. “That hasn’t been an issue at all. There were times last year when we had to teach certain guys how to compete. We haven’t had to do that with this group.”
              That doesn't sound like much at first glance, but that seems like pretty high praise from Marshall for a squad in July.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                “They seem to know how we compete,” WSU coach Gregg Marshall said. “That hasn’t been an issue at all. There were times last year when we had to teach certain guys how to compete. We haven’t had to do that with this group.”
                That doesn't sound like much at first glance, but that seems like pretty high praise from Marshall for a squad in July.
                Yep. We need young firepissers from the start. Marshall can mold them and point them in the right direction. But you cant teach willpower and determination.

Key components for MTXE mindsets.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  Yep. We need young firepissers from the start. Marshall can mold them and point them in the right direction. But you cant teach willpower and determination.

Key components for MTXE mindsets.
                  Marshall and his style fits the MTXE mantra so well. I really wish we would bring back the MTXE uniforms and court logo (looked so sweet the one time we did that last year) full time. I do realize, however, this is not likely to happen given this was a creation from a different era by a different staff and players and the newer mantra is "Play Angry".

Comment

• Seems like great news!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      I got to talk with Marshall briefly around this same time last year and I brought up the newcomers and how excited I was for them. And he replied, "Yeah, well they need a LOT of coaching right now. They have a lot to learn..."

I think with this in mind, we can maybe expect the new guys this year to develop much quicker. And if that's the case, look out!

Comment

• I placed a lunch bet with a guy at work that the Shocks will remain in the Top 10 ESPN/USA Today poll rankings for the entire regular season. What do you think...bad bet?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
                          I placed a lunch bet with a guy at work that the Shocks will remain in the Top 10 ESPN/USA Today poll rankings for the entire regular season. What do you think...bad bet?
                          Considering that we will enter the season top 10 and likely be 33-0 entering the NCAA tournament, no. Even if we were to drop 1-2, which I would consider worse case scenario, baring some really horrible events, we would remain top 10. Biggest risk would be a loss in Orlando, as it will be early in the season, but if you survive that it would be easy sailing I think.

Comment

• Pretty encouraging report on Rashard Kelly:

Kelly put his offseason to good use improving those deficiencies and coach Gregg Marshall considers him possibly WSU’s most improved player. He is stronger, quicker and more of an offensive threat after summer practices wrapped up last week.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 26, 2015, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Prettfy encouraging report on Rashard Kelly:

Now here's a guy with some pretty exciting potential that I think has gone pretty much unmentioned in the last 6 months.

To see Marshall throw a little praise his way mid-summer is a great sign. To see another young player get a little Play Angry in them before these seniors graduate is a really great sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Prettfy encouraging report on Rashard Kelly:

I thought last year that RK had big upside. I'm also extremely encouraged to hear that Shaq was running ramps with him.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X