Offseason Thread: 2015 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    So you don't think Eric Hamilton will even make the top 10 on the team?
    I see Hamilton like Nurger. Tons of upside, but not better than Kelly or Morris from day 1. Likely not better than BWam and McDuffie. Probably about like Glass was this year.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Sure is getting crowded -- Let's see now, uh ----- 13 scholarships, and how many now is it that can have on total roster, 15, 16?

Scholarship Players for 2015:
      (10)
      Baker, R. (RSr.)
      Brown, Z. (So.)
      Glass, T. (Sr.)
      Holland, R. (RSo.)
      Kelly, R. (Jr.)
      Morris, S. (RSo.)
      Nurger, R. (So)
      VanVleet, F. (Sr.)
      Wamukota, T. (Sr.)
      Wessel, E. (RSr)

Commitments for 2015: (4)
      Hamilton, E.
      McDuffie, M.
      Shamet, L.
      Taylor, T.

Unknown Situation for 2015: (1)
      Frankcamp, C.

Walk Ons: (3)
      Bush, Z (Jr.)
      Simon, J.R. (Jr.)
      Walker, J. (So.)

Did I leave anyone out. This is getting interesting. And, yes, I know Marshall knows how to count.

Comment

• Isn't kelly a SO?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
          Sure is getting crowded -- Let's see now, uh ----- 13 scholarships, and how many now is it that can have on total roster, 15, 16?

(10)
          Baker, R. (RSr.)
          Brown, Z. (So.)
          Glass, T. (Sr.)
          Holland, R. (RSo.)
          Kelly, R. (Jr.)
          Morris, S. (RSo.)
          Nurger, R. (So)
          VanVleet, F. (Sr.)
          Wamukota, T. (Sr.)
          Wessel, E. (RSr)

Hamilton, E.
          McDuffie, M.
          Shamet, L.
          Taylor, T.

Frankcamp, C.

Bush, Z (Jr.)
          Simon, J.R. (Jr.)
          Walker, J. (So.)

Did I leave anyone out. This is getting interesting. And, yes, I know Marshall knows how to count.
          Like someone on here mentioned... Connor will walk on for one semester.... Don't make sense burning a full year scholly on a one semester player..

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
            Isn't kelly a SO?
            Yes.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• With the transfer of Glass and Holland that means we right now have 8 scholarship players and 4 commits which leaves one scholarship unclaimed. If Conner walks on a you suggest (which means his parents will have paid for a year and a half in order for him to come here), then we have 4 walk ons or a total of 16 on roster; if we award the 13th scholarship we then have 17 on roster. How many can we carry on roster?

Comment

With the transfer of Glass and Holland that means we right now have 8 scholarship players and 4 commits which leaves one scholarship unclaimed. If Conner walks on a you suggest (which means his parents will have paid for a year and a half in order for him to come here), then we have 4 walk ons or a total of 16 on roster; if we award the 13th scholarship we then have 17 on roster. How many can we carry on roster?
                I don't believe there is a limit to the number of Walk-Ons you can have

Comment

• My understanding is you can have as many walk-ons as you want, but can only suit up 15 players for any one game.

Comment

• How is it spelled? Frankamp or Frankcamp? I thought it was the former but have seen too many with the "C".

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
                      How is it spelled? Frankamp or Frankcamp? I thought it was the former but have seen too many with the "C".
                      Frankamp

Comment

• At this point I don't see spending any scholarship on anyone, regardless of their position,
                        unless they are clearly better than what we already have on board and if we can't then
                        give it to CF

Comment

Sure is getting crowded -- Let's see now, uh ----- 13 scholarships, and how many now is it that can have on total roster, 15, 16?

(10)
                          Baker, R. (RSr.)
                          Brown, Z. (So.)
                          Glass, T. (Sr.)
                          Holland, R. (RSo.)
                          Kelly, R. (Jr.)
                          Morris, S. (RSo.)
                          Nurger, R. (So)
                          VanVleet, F. (Sr.)
                          Wamukota, T. (Sr.)
                          Wessel, E. (RSr)

Hamilton, E.
                          McDuffie, M.
                          Shamet, L.
                          Taylor, T.

Frankcamp, C.

Bush, Z (Jr.)
                          Simon, J.R. (Jr.)
                          Walker, J. (So.)

Per Sullentrop's article in the Eagle today:
                          "That trio assures WSU of a place in the preseason national rankings. Next up is finding a big man. WSU coaches will search the junior colleges, or add a graduate transfer, and develop the returners to improve front-court production to supplement the backcourt."

Looks pretty simple to me that we have one available to offer with the outgoing Xfer's and its not going to CF for 2015-16.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdshox View Post
                            Per Sullentrop's article in the Eagle today:
                            "That trio assures WSU of a place in the preseason national rankings. Next up is finding a big man. WSU coaches will search the junior colleges, or add a graduate transfer, and develop the returners to improve front-court production to supplement the backcourt."

Looks pretty simple to me that we have one available to offer with the outgoing Xfer's and its not going to CF for 2015-16.
                            and you know Paul S didn't just speculate that it will be a big man. He has heard that straight from the horse's mouth. I am so excited as I wait to hear who we get. I would be surprised if it's not an insanely good get. We just have too much to offer right now. Somebody good is going to be very interested in playing on a team with some household names on it at head coach, PG and SG.

Comment

• Bump
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Taking a look at the trend of preformance, the following summarizes each player's performance in games 1-2, 13-24 and 25-35 (roughly dividing the season into thirds) accordibng to their minutes played, shooting percentages and their per-40-minutes stats. The departing players are shown at the bottom.

http://
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X