• Show
Clear All

• Offseason Thread: 2015 Edition

2014-2015 was another great year in Shocker Nation:
    - 30 win season
    - MVC regular season title
    - Sweet Sixteen
    - Victory of KU

We say goodbye to two tremendous basketball player and young men.
    - Darius Carter
    - Tekele Cotton

Some tells me this isn't the last we will hear of them.

Thankfully, we have a lot to look forward too going into the 2015-2016 season:
    - FVV and RB* senior seasons (* - assuming he stays)
    - Another great recruiting class coming in
    - The growth and development of our young players
    - The winter tourney in Orlando

What most are you looking forward to in this offseason and the 2015-2016 season?

As always, it's a great time to be a Shocker!
    The Assman

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    2014-2015 was another great year in Shocker Nation:
    - 30 win season
    - MVC regular season title
    - Sweet Sixteen
    - Victory of KU

We say goodbye to two tremendous basketball player and young men.
    - Darius Carter
    - Tekele Cotton

Some tells me this isn't the last we will hear of them.

Thankfully, we have a lot to look forward too going into the 2015-2016 season:
    - FVV and RB* senior seasons (* - assuming he stays)
    - Another great recruiting class coming in
    - The growth and development of our young players
    - The winter tourney in Orlando

What most are you looking forward to in this offseason and the 2015-2016 season?

As always, it's a great time to be a Shocker!
    Coach saying thanks, but no thanks to anyone who calls
    Incoming recruits
    Another great season of Shocker basketball..
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Housekeeping, man. I don't have a clue but I'm really curious how it will all shake out. As for next season, I expect another tourney berth and a chance for a S16. The talent will be there again. I think the valley might be a little tougher but I think the Shocks win the regular season title again. No idea about St. Louis, that seems to be a crapshoot. I expect that one of the players that seemed to be a non factor this year will be a big surprise next season. I'm guessing it will be Nurger based on nothing more than Mike Kennedy saying he is going to work hard with Rosenboom to put on 20 pounds of muscle.

Edit to say I think that a S16 is not our ceiling.
      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Ron must come back. Really bad shooting to end the season. Come back and make a run

Comment

I'd say based on one guy demonstrating how to play well in the post season, FVV showed everyone he is the most important player on this team. Ron was good all year but he sure disappeared a little. He didn't do the kind of things you do to turn heads. He will be back. FVV is the one who did the things to turn heads. We will get everyone back. There is very little reason to be concerned now. It's a long shot for anyone to leave.

Comment

@JonRothstein: Wichita State will be a Top 15 team next year. Van Vleet, Baker will be one of nation's best backcourts. Add Frankamp and Markis McDuffie.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
              @JonRothstein: Wichita State will be a Top 15 team next year. Van Vleet, Baker will be one of nation's best backcourts. Add Frankamp and Markis McDuffie.
              I do think the combined efforts of Evan and Connor can quasi equal the kind of difference making power that Tekele brought us. Neither of them will be able to match some elements of his game, but the looks they will give our team will be very effective.

Even with just Fred, Connor, Ron, Evan and Zach, I would feel great about next season. We will never have another Tekele, but we will have similarly good pieces for sure.

Comment

For Wichita State, it means replacing valuable seniors Tekele Cotton and Carter, hoping Baker (who seems unlikely to want to end his college career on this individual and collective down note) returns, and nurturing another wave of role players alongside VanVleet -- the best pure point guard in the country, period.

Comment

Best point guard in America coming back for one last hurrah. Fred played his ass off this tournament. Hope his dedication rubs off on the rest of the team so we can send him off on a high note.

Comment

ALL this team needs is ONE dominant big man. I don't care if he blossoms from within our current roster or if we have to do weird things with the roster to go get one.

That's my wish list. We have lots of good forwards for depth. We have the best back court in the nation coming back. All we need is that one dominant big man. The "lunker" as Coldblooded used to say. Develop that or recruit that. That's what we need.

Comment

We all should focus less on whether or not Ron leaves (still might happen) and instead focus on Freddie returning. Young man might have just made a LOT of money this tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        We all should focus less on whether or not Ron leaves (still might happen) and instead focus on Freddie returning. Young man might have just made a LOT of money this tourney.
                        I think he definitely has the game to make it in the NBA, but do you think a team will draft him (or Ron) in the 1st round?

No reason to go this year if not. No guaranteed money.
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Fred definitely raised his stock. At a minimum, he should show up on a post season AA team.. he desrves first team..

Comment

If they are back, and we have a dominant big man - FINAL FOUR. It will be our year; all the other pieces are here in one form or another.

Comment

I think if feel better after tonight if we got a few words from @forevershockerfan:. Where is that guy anyway? Haven't heard from him tonight.
                              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X