Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    One has won a National Championship.
    And only 3 NCAA wins this century... Which encapsulates the entire life span of 2019 recruits

Comment

• We are really saying Texas Tech has more basketball history than Arkansas?

Not gonna make a case, as screw Arky.

But damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I was literally just thinking the same thing. Seems to be a lateral move to me. I mean if he got Arkansas going, I'm sure it could be played up to be a better gig. But given all the variables (including conference affiliation), I just don't see much with Arkansas. Other than some hills and trees, Fayetteville, Arkansas isn't much different than Lubbock, Texas.
        Well, Lubbock smells like cowshit. Fayetteville smells like chickenshit. Other than that, same same.
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Arky fan was pretty much convinced that the moment Smart gets the axe at Texas that Beard will go there. If that's true, hiring Beard right you might want to go with a 2 or 3-year contract.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• choida
            choida commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd fire Shaka for Beard in a heartbeat if and only if Beard verbally commits

• Shock Top
            Shock Top commented
            Editing a comment
            Texas would be “smart” to do this still.

• nm

Comment

• Little Rock's a fine town.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Shock Top
              Shock Top commented
              Editing a comment
              You better tuck that thing in son. You’re gonna get it caught on a tripwire.

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't have much experience with Little Rock, but UALR already has a coach, don't they? It's the Hogs in Fayetteville who are still searchingg (oops -- pardon the multiple g's).

We are really saying Texas Tech has more basketball history than Arkansas?

But damn.
            No, we're simply stating that Texas Tech's job is virtually equal to that of Arkansas's. Hard to fathom I know.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I've looked at places to move after I no longer have any ties to Kansas. I looked at Arkansas and Little Rock. Little Rock is like Memphis, Jr. It's got high crime, and big disparity between haves and have-nots, which always leads to problems. Little Rock is not a nice place to live. Fayetteville is a lot more attractive than Wichita and has a similar cost of living.

I've seriously looked at Bella Vista, which is in the same part of Arky as UA. Lots of private (for residents) fishing lakes and golf courses.
              Last edited by Aargh; April 6, 2019, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• thunderkwb
                thunderkwb commented
                Editing a comment
                I have family that live in NWA and have homes in Beaver. Beautiful place but if I am leaving Wichita, there are plenty places a helluva lot nicer I would move to before NWA. NWA is a nice place to visit or have a second home but not leaving Wichita for it.

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm with Aargh -- as between Fayetteville and Little Rock, it's no contest, and Arkansas does at least have Fayetteville / NW Arkansas on its side, which is distinctly more scenic than Lubbock. But Chris Beard may just have done with Tech what Marshall did with WSU: he's made it his "next job." So why leave?

• I’d think Arkansas would be the better job, over Tech. I live in Texas and they are pretty far down the food chain in this state...

Comment

We are really saying Texas Tech has more basketball history than Arkansas?

But damn.
                Tech coming off a conference championship and final 4. They have a hot young coach that is paid $3M a year. I’d say they’re trending up for sure, unlike Arkansas. Arkansas is crazy if they think Beard would take that job. They seriously need to target a young coach from a small conference that is looking to make a jump to the P5 and triple his salary to $1.5M.

Comment

• Put Beard in Arkansas and they would be trending up

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe, never know, but they would have to give him a raise to lure him over there. Doesn’t sound like they are ready to pay $3.5-$4M. Shaka looked like a good hire for Texas at one time and that hasn’t exactly worked out.

• I didn't realize Beard coached at Fort Scott Community College

Comment

• The thread at the top of the Hogville Forum for their coaching change is about a report that they're interviewing Jans. Arky fan is NOT impressed.

When the word is already out that Sampson, Musselman, and Marshall all turned down the job, this hire is pretty much trashed already. Arky fan isn't going to be happy with who they get

Edit: After further review I found this gem. UA turned Marshall down because Marshall wanted to bring Isaac Brown with him, and UA refused. Brown was an asst. at UA and got in a fight with a player in a licker room, and they don't want him back there.

Last edited by Aargh; April 6, 2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• If true, Jans deserves better and Arkansas does not deserve the kind of success that he would bring with him. They are a bunch of soulless cunts
                      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post
                        If true, Jans deserves better and Arkansas does not deserve the kind of success that he would bring with him. They are a bunch of soulless cunts
                        One 5 year contract with Arky and Jan's is set for life. I hope he doesn't go because he is our de facto coach in waiting. If he gets offered the job though he would be a monumental fool to pass it up because it's "Arky." Your right though, the Hogs don't deserve him.
                        Last edited by Shockerman; April 6, 2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X