The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    ******* says flight will land at 11:15 AM.
    well lets all go to the airport and block him in lol
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Don't want to get unto it. Today at noon, keep your eyes on the news
      I've talked with news people who deny that anything is scheduled at WSU today for a news conference. If they don't know about it, then I'm not sure who would, because it's this person's job to be at those press conferences.

Take it for what you want, but my info is 100% accurate. So if I'm wrong, then they haven't announced to a news station in Wichita and it's 2 hours til this "news conference."
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        I've talked with news people who deny that anything is scheduled at WSU today for a news conference. If they don't know about it, then I'm not sure who would, because it's this person's job to be at those press conferences.
        If he was leaving ... wouldn't his press conference be at the NEW school. Can't say I remember an announcing press conference of ANY leaving coach (coach leaving by choice) being hosted at the old school.

Comment

Well Marshall will be with Alabama at noon, if ******* is right. Unless he tells them to shove it or signs within 30 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
            Well Marshall will be with Alabama at noon, if ******* is right. Unless he tells them to shove it or signs within 30 minutes.
            Maybe he wants to tell them no at a press conference ... or even better ... Bama presents their offer, ADES walks out, matches the offer, and HCGM signs it right there in front of everyone. Thanks Bama for the raise and walks off :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              If he was leaving ... wouldn't his press conference be at the NEW school. Can't say I remember an announcing press conference of ANY leaving coach (coach leaving by choice) being hosted at the old school.
              Maybe WSU is moving to a new conference! ;)
              The Assman

Comment

• In an effort to be fair, here's one thing going for Alabama even though Marshall isn't going there. Alabama is only 400 miles from where he's from whereas Wichita is about 900 miles from where he's from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Alabama is meeting with Gregg in Wichita today. I don't think I've ever heard of a school traveling to a current coach's school, and then have a press conference while still in that city. My point is that newsers in Wichita have no idea of a "news release" at noon today, so I'm taking that rumor of a news release at noon with the tiniest grain of salt.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Take it for what you want, but my info is 100% accurate. So if I'm wrong, then they haven't announced to a news station in Wichita and it's 2 hours til this "news conference."
                  Well perhaps the story is something else than an "I am leaving" thing. My source is with local news also.

Guess we will see. And as we all know this is a fluid situatuon. Anything can happen
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• @GoodmanESPN: Flight lands around 11:15 CT. RT @CecilHurt: Alabama AD Bill Battle to meet with Gregg Marshall in Wichita today. http://shar.es/1ggxAy

The news most likely is they are meeting at noon or close to it.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Here's one. Maybe the news release around Noon is relating to an athlete declaring for the NBA Draft. Doesn't have to be a WSU player for local news to release it.
                      -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Does anyone have handy the list of best coaches that was floating around earlier?
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Who knows? I did say the person was being a little vague. I am the one who made assumptions based on the information I was given.

I hope I am completely wrong and become the most hated person on this site. Cause that would mean we have our coach lol.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Bama has been about as intentionally 'loud' as is humanly possible from a media/PR perspective in their attempts to corral Marshall. It should be no surprise that they also now want the world to know that their AD is flying in to Wichita today. They have broadcast every minutia they have made.

You don't think that for every other P5 school that has tried to woo him in the past (a laundry list of jobs - each one essentially better than Bama) there hasn't been stuff like this going on? Sure there has, it just wasn't public knowledge because it wasn't the loud, obnoxious, heavy-on-the-makeup 300 pound pageant mom doing the courting, as we have here.

Bama is basically screaming from the rooftops the same due diligence steps that every school does under cover of media darkness.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                              Who knows? I did say the person was being a little vague. I am the one who made assumptions based on the information I was given.

I hope I am completely wrong and become the most hated person on this site. Cause that would mean we have our coach lol.
                              There's no way you can become the most hated person on this site over just that. Way too many people entrenched in front of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X