The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
    Here's one. Maybe the news release around Noon is relating to an athlete declaring for the NBA Draft. Doesn't have to be a WSU player for local news to release it.
    Maybe they are going to broadcast the meeting live!!!
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Maybe Alabama AD will fly into Stubville instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCShockerFan View Post
        I'm in KC, which station in Wichita is he on?
        98.7FM/1240AM from 9-11am on weekdays
        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by goshox_dm View Post
          or a pay raise and lifetime contract extension!
          He basically already has a lifetime contract extension I think because his current 7 year contract automatically rollovers over for an additional year every year. So he has a perpetual 7-year contract. Very unlikely the WSU would ever have the ability to buy that out.

He was in line for a pay raise even if the current events surrounding open coaching positions had not arisen. He can certainly leverage this situation into a maximum pay raise at Wichita State but ADES is publicly on record as saying there are limits on what WSU can do in terms of compensation.

Comment

• Wouldn't you think Marshall and his agent are already well aware of the offer they are putting forth. If so, you would think this meeting is to either get a signed contract or make one last ditch effort to convince him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              There's no way you can become the most hated person on this site over just that. Way too many people entrenched in front of you.
              *raises hand*

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                98.7FM/1240AM from 9-11am on weekdays
                thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by goshox_dm View Post
                  *raises hand*
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by OPShocker View Post
                    Wouldn't you think Marshall and his agent are already well aware of the offer they are putting forth. If so, you would think this meeting is to either get a signed contract or make one last ditch effort to convince him.
                    Or to make it evident to Alabama fans that they did everything within their power to convince him so that a failure to do so doesn't seem to be the result of not trying hard enough.
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
                      Alabama being so loud about it is what makes it all not add up. They are being loud to try and initiate interest within their fan base. Downside- if they don't get their man.....they fall even further off the map with their fans....if they are even on the map to begin with.
                      Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Bama has been about as intentionally 'loud' as is humanly possible from a media/PR perspective in their attempts to corral Marshall. It should be no surprise that they also now want the world to know that their AD is flying in to Wichita today. They have broadcast every minutia they have made.

You don't think that for every other P5 school that has tried to woo him in the past (a laundry list of jobs - each one essentially better than Bama) there hasn't been stuff like this going on? Sure there has, it just wasn't public knowledge because it wasn't the loud, obnoxious, heavy-on-the-makeup 300 pound pageant mom doing the courting, as we have here.

Bama is basically screaming from the rooftops the same due diligence steps that every school does under cover of media darkness.
                      Doesn't this whole thing just scream "royalty entitlement?" It's like they expect everyone to drop what they are doing and look because Alabama! Okay everyone, Will and Kate are here, so let's get out the paparazzi and the reporters. Alabama is going to go hire Gregg Marshall as their new coach this week and obviously he will accept because Alabama! They are making so much premature noise about it that it's just weird. I really don't think he's as interested as they seem to believe. They were probably expecting a lot more worshiping to happen, and instead, they are getting smacked with a bunch of people saying "I'm not so sure he is going." Meanwhile, they have to come HERE to even pitch the offer. He didn't jump up and sprint down there to hear the offer and immediately accept. Very out of touch.

I bet he said they'd have to come here because he is really busy with a coach's show with a dial up phone and a computer running Windows 95 that he has to be at tonight.

We've been having to put up with the awful phone calls and the technical difficulties all this team as part of his master plan to build up for the moment he burned Alabama by saying this crappy production was more important to him than their huge offer. He is a master.

Comment

• Originally posted by OPShocker View Post
                        Wouldn't you think Marshall and his agent are already well aware of the offer they are putting forth. If so, you would think this meeting is to either get a signed contract or make one last ditch effort to convince him.
                        Why do you need to fly to get a contract signed? This isn't 1865.

I think it is the latter or your two possibilities.

Comment

• I haven't seen this idea floated.. but lets say that Marshall DOES have serious interest in Texas. Hypothetically. The report over the weekend has consistently been. "Texas wants Smart, 3G told Alabama that he wasn't interested because he wanted Texas."

Well Marshall setting a public meeting with Alabama signals to Texas that the Horns may need to act a little bit quicker and get more serious about 3G, rather than just eyeing Smart and seeing where the chips fall. Big IF, but it could be a ploy to force Texas' hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCShockerFan View Post
                            I'm in KC, which station in Wichita is he on?

kfhradio.com via the Internet or via TuneIn on a smart phone.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                              I haven't seen this idea floated.. but lets say that Marshall DOES have serious interest in Texas. Hypothetically. The report over the weekend has consistently been. "Texas wants Smart, 3G told Alabama that he wasn't interested because he wanted Texas."

Well Marshall setting a public meeting with Alabama signals to Texas that the Horns may need to act a little bit quicker and get more serious about 3G, rather than just eyeing Smart and seeing where the chips fall. Big IF, but it could be a ploy to force Texas' hand.
                              Or he's meeting with all suitors to establish his market value, to relay to Sexton what his pay should be for the remainder of his career at WSU.

Maybe similar to the recruiting situation for college football in the 90's when Colorado was pretty good. You may not have any interest in playing at Colorado, but you certainly take their recruiting trip, if you know what I mean. Maybe Gregg is just enjoying the courtship :)
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                                Or he's meeting with all suitors to establish his market value, to relay to Sexton what his pay should be for the remainder of his career at WSU.

Maybe similar to the recruiting situation for college football in the 90's when Colorado was pretty good. You may not have any interest in playing at Colorado, but you certainly take their recruiting trip, if you know what I mean. Maybe Gregg is just enjoying the courtship :)
                                Completely agree. Market-wise, this is a no-brainer for Marshall. But there are some negatives in letting it go on and on. We aren't at that point, and never have been in an offseason, but too much flirting can cause some issues down the line, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X