No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking in complete hypotheticals, if 3G does leave, we simply recall Jans, plug him into the machine he's already helped build and recruit, and it is like nothing happened. That's the way it goes if/when HCGM ever leaves, and least from my perspective if I were ADES.

I really don't think Marshall leaves for Alabama or Texas, if you ask me. He listens to ALL comers, ever year; let's them wine and dine him, stroke his ego, then comes back to Sexton for his sweetened pot. This current situation is literally 5th or 6th verse, same as the 1st, if you know what I mean. And the ironic thing is - potential compensation notwithstanding - this is the worst job offer he has entertained in his tenure at WSU, and it is not even close.

Comment

• If Marshall should depart, as much as I would like to have Jans back, he doesn't seem like a jumper to me (anymore than Marshall has been). I would be surprised if he left HIS program after one year to return to a program (although loved by all here) that for quite a few years would still be the program Marshall built. With success that would eventually change and it would become Chris' program but that might take a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
        If Marshall should depart, as much as I would like to have Jans back, he doesn't seem like a jumper to me (anymore than Marshall has been). I would be surprised if he left HIS program after one year to return to a program (although loved by all here) that for quite a few years would still be the program Marshall built. With success that would eventually change and it would become Chris' program but that might take a few years.
        BGSU HC Salary - $325K + nothing
        WSU HC Salary - $1.85M base with roughly $750K in incentives

BGSU MBB Revenues - $1.6M
        WSU MBB Revenues - $5.6M

To use the 'apples and oranges' analogy is to almost discount the disparity. How about UN-supplied sack rice versus a Ruth's Chris ribeye?

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          fwiw, Texas average attendance was 10,186 in 2013-14 in Erwin Sports Center that seats 16,540.

Alabama averaged 10,754 in Coleman Coliseum that seats 15,383.
          Those might be how many tickets were sold, but if you watch their games, that's not how many butts were warming seats.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

• We'd hire Larry Brown.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              We'd hire Larry Brown.
              Not if my daughter was a cheerleader.............

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                BGSU HC Salary - $325K + nothing
                WSU HC Salary - $1.85M base with roughly $750K in incentives

BGSU MBB Revenues - $1.6M
                WSU MBB Revenues - $5.6M

To use the 'apples and oranges' analogy is to almost discount the disparity. How about UN-supplied sack rice versus a Ruth's Chris ribeye?
                Only problem with this is that Alabama is making the exact same argument as to why HCGM should come their. Also, I don't think the market rate for Jans is anywhere near 1.8M.
                Livin the dream

Comment

And unlike when MT left, the cupboard is definitely NOT empty. My real concern would be if we could keep our committed recruits.
                  It wasn't when Turgeon left, until he left. We will cross that bridge when we have to.
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                    And he probably won't tamper with our in-coming recruits like HCMT did.
                    I don't believe that MT tampered with incoming recruits at all upon his departure. When he left, I think he was inconsiderate in that he didn't sell the players on Wichita and just let them linger as he was out the door. The Bowels situation was that Denzel would not go to WSU without Turgeon no matter what. MT should have said, "good luck" instead of having him sit on the bench at A&M.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

And unlike when MT left, the cupboard is definitely NOT empty. My real concern would be if we could keep our committed recruits.
                      If our four recruits open up their recruiting, and if Fred and Ron entertain other opportunities, you may be disappointed.

Comment

• nothing at UT is settled for sure : http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2015/...thing#comments
                        For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                        - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          If our four recruits open up their recruiting, and if Fred and Ron entertain other opportunities, you may be disappointed.
                          I thought they signed LOI in November
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
                            nothing at UT is settled for sure : http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2015/...thing#comments
                            My question is how does this "fire your assistants or be fired" mandate play with Gregg Marshall? As the article says its kind of an ugly thing. OTOH, I think an AD has a legitimate right to ask for this. It's been well documented that Marshall likes more of a "family" approach that he has at WSU. I could see what is going on at Texas as a big turn off to Marshall.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

If Marshall left, and our recruits requested to be released from their LOI, it would probably be granted. No reason locking in players that don't want to be here.
                              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

We all know that the LOI won't matter if the HCGM leaves. They will request to be released from their LOI because they were coming to play for Marshall, and Sexton will release them.

Comment

Working...
                                X