The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Not if my daughter was a cheerleader.............
    On fire today Pin, bout made me spit my coffee out.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      I thought they signed LOI in November
      They can and usually are released from those if requested. Usually, the AD will ask them to wait and talk with the new coach and if, after that, they still want to their release they will get it often with certain limited caveats and restrictions.

Comment

• If Marshall leaves,, it won't be because of money. Every time people hear that some school is going to offer Marshall a lot of money to coach for them, everyone here wants to give Marshall a big raise in an attempt to keep him here. Marshall has said many times that money isn't the determining factor, yet people think it is.

If I was doing it, I would keep Marshall's contract at it's current level, with all the incentives and things and instead give increases to all the assistant coaches and put more money into the facilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          If Marshall leaves,, it won't be because of money. Every time people hear that some school is going to offer Marshall a lot of money to coach for them, everyone here wants to give Marshall a big raise in an attempt to keep him here. Marshall has said many times that money isn't the determining factor, yet people think it is.

If I was doing it, I would keep Marshall's contract at it's current level, with all the incentives and things and instead give increases to all the assistant coaches and put more money into the facilities.
          Why are you so sure it won't be about money? He's already stated he'll listen to this 'crazy' offer and you know this 'crazy' offer entails a very large sum of money. There are speculations/rumor that the offer will be ranging from 4 to 5.5 million guaranteed for 6 years. Talks of throwing in a house by the lake is also being thrown out there. Don't you think when GM states that money is not a determining factor he's exercising some political correctness and coach speak?

Alabama recently threw 25 million in renovations to their arena, built a brand new practice facility, does not want their in-state rival (Auburn w/ Coach Pearl) to own them in basketball, and he can quickly turn around the program to be a power in the SEC since everyone but Kentucky and Florida stinks. He can now entice McDonald All-Americans to come to Alabama by having them sit with the pretty coeds at Bear Bryant Stadium in the fall. Plus they'll give him full oversight of the program too?

You know the old saying, money talks and Bama certainly will be using a whole heckuva lot of that to sway GM. I'm with you, I believe GM is genuine when he says money is not a determining factor, but if the rumors are true, he's never had to deal with that amount of money being throw in his face so who really knows how he will respond. I'm just going to have faith and hope that C. Koch may chip in something :)

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            Why are you so sure it won't be about money? He's already stated he'll listen to this 'crazy' offer and you know this 'crazy' offer entails a very large sum of money. There are speculations/rumor that the offer will be ranging from 4 to 5.5 million guaranteed for 6 years. Talks of throwing in a house by the lake is also being thrown out there. Don't you think when GM states that money is not a determining factor he's exercising some political correctness and coach speak?

Alabama recently threw 25 million in renovations to their arena, built a brand new practice facility, does not want their in-state rival (Auburn w/ Coach Pearl) to own them in basketball, and he can quickly turn around the program to be a power in the SEC since everyone but Kentucky and Florida stinks. He can now entice McDonald All-Americans to come to Alabama by having them sit with the pretty coeds at Bear Bryant Stadium in the fall. Plus they'll give him full oversight of the program too?

You know the old saying, money talks and Bama certainly will be using a whole heckuva lot of that to sway GM. I'm with you, I believe GM is genuine when he says money is not a determining factor, but if the rumors are true, he's never had to deal with that amount of money being throw in his face so who really knows how he will respond. I'm just going to have faith and hope that C. Koch may chip in something :)
            What is the source of the $4.5/5.0 million numbers you mention? Most of the articles from media sources use the $3 million number thrown out initially.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• BARNES IS GONE
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  BARNES IS GONE
                  So, we kill two birds with one stone.

Comment

• Did Battle force Patterson's hand?

Comment

• Jeff ******* @GoodmanESPN
                      · 3m 3 minutes ago
                      Texas top candidates are Gregg Marshall and Shaka Smart -- and both have heavy interest in the opening, sources told ESPN.

Comment

Jeff ******* @GoodmanESPN
                        · 3m 3 minutes ago
                        Texas top candidates are Gregg Marshall and Shaka Smart -- and both have heavy interest in the opening, sources told ESPN.
                        I'll believe this when it comes from someone other than *******.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                          I am with you on *******, but if the "heavy interest" part is true, then that's all I need to know. Someone hasn't been building a program, he has been building a resume.
                          Fortunately for us and WSU, building a resume and program weren't mutually exclusive over the last eight years. No doom amd gloom yet, he has a tough choice, both are great gigs. One thing's for sure, if Marshall does leave this year, we're guaranteed to have top coaching talent beg to become our next HC.

Comment

• Jeff ******* @GoodmanESPN
                            · 7m 7 minutes ago
                            Texas athletic director Steve Patterson has an NBA background, and one source told me not to be shocked if he also considers NBA guys.

Comment

Jeff ******* @GoodmanESPN
                              · 7m 7 minutes ago
                              Texas athletic director Steve Patterson has an NBA background, and one source told me not to be shocked if he also considers NBA guys.
                              In other words, "You know the thing I just said about Marshall and Smart being the 2 finalists? Yeah, that was entirely made up."
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• GREG SWAIM SHOW @GSwaim
                                · 46m 46 minutes ago
                                Rick Barnes fired at Texas. Expect #Longhorns to go after #Shockers Gregg Marshall and #VCU's Shaka Smart, in that order. #UT #HookEm

Comment

Working...
                                X