Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    I dunno that it is a great job, but it's not in the Valley
    And unfortunately you don't listen to Gregg well enough. He has stated over and over that it would take a GREAT job, a GREAT opportunity, and the PERFECT situation for him to leave Wichita State. By your own admittance, Memphis fails those requirements.

Sack it up and grow a pair.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Everybody but shocker fans think this guy is in demand.
      No. It's just everybody but you is sane enough to realize that Marshall is not leaving at every job opportunity that opens up from the Pacific to the Atlantic.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        I have no problem with Ross, but he needs to leave his dog at home.
        You are now dead to my wife.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I have figured out the problem with the Memphis fan base. They bicker about the population of Wichita, and what the name of the airport is, etc. They don't know about Google.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
            I have figured out the problem with the Memphis fan base. They bicker about the population of Wichita, and what the name of the airport is, etc. They don't know about Google.
            I used to be really loud during arguments. People used to think I was smart because I could talk and talk. Now there's Google and I've lost all credibility. Perhaps I can move to Memphis and regain my rightful place as the smartest man I know.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              I have no problem with Ross, but he needs to leave his dog at home.
              Sorry, but the dog is one of the high points.
              "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                No. It's just everybody but you is sane enough to realize that Marshall is not leaving at every job opportunity that opens up from the Pacific to the Atlantic.
                So are you saying I can relax about the coaching search at St. Louis? It's in a better conference afterall and we know how much 3G likes to play in St. Louis.

Comment

• Gregg, you have a family, please consider this:

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                    And I would like to bone Taylor Swift
                    Dude! Think about it. She'd just be looking for some way to be unhappy about it so she could write another song. Set your sights a little higher. Maybe on someone who might actually want to enjoy the experience.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I hear Tyler Summit is looking for a job.
                      Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post
                        I hear Tyler Summit is looking for a job.
                        I hear his philosophy is all about dribble penetration. He wants to pound it inside, but he needs to take it out and try a jump shot.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                          Gregg, you have a family, please consider this:

http://wreg.com/2015/04/10/fbi-ranks...angerous-city/
                          Sounds just lovely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            Dude! Think about it. She'd just be looking for some way to be unhappy about it so she could write another song. Set your sights a little higher. Maybe on someone who might actually want to enjoy the experience.
                            Well she and Emma Watson are pretty much the only ones whose sex life isn't plastered all over the Internet so...

Both?
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I discovered the joys of the IGNORE button. .................Wyatt, I am rolling.............

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Bunch View Post
                                Memphis is one of the basketball programs that can almost run on auto-pilot. With the talent they have in the area, talent that has always been willing to stay at home, it should be a no-brainer for most coaches. Unfortunately for them, Pastner was himself a no-brainer.
                                I believe their expectation is that they roll out a solid, top 25 team every year and spend the rest of their effort getting football to a level of consistency where the B12 will invite them to join when the conference finally decides to expand. That should be the expectation for Memphis.

So this is why I'm kind of confused about some of their fans desperate affection for HCGM. In all honesty, just about any coach NOT named Josh Pastner would succeed at Memphis. In other words, they don't need Marshall to have a good team, there are a number coaches besides Gregg Marshall that would love to have a shot at that job and could come in there and get back to winning in short order. Coaches that wouldn't cost them $4 plus million.
                                Once you account for vacated appearances, Memphis only went to 6 NCAA Tourneys in the 25 years prior to Calipari's arrival. Even including vacated appearances, they only went to 11 of 25.

Assuming that "anyone not named Josh Pastner" would succeed is silly. Wondering why their fans would greatly prefer Marshall over the alternatives is equally ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X