The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    I saw a tweet that said Gottlieb was on A radio show on 810 in kc I think, saying Vandy was going after Marshall with everything they had... Did he make that up too?
    Probably?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      You mean rumors started by idiots like Dlung Gontlied?

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/c...e61512072.html
      Damn. Is this a reason to actually like Roy Boy just a tiny bit?

Comment

• No, if that's the only reason you choose to like him. One "liked" comment does not cancel out all the other "unliked" things about Williams and UNC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          Damn. Is this a reason to actually like Roy Boy just a tiny bit?
          IT'S ACTUALLY A CASE OF "LESSER OF TWO EVILS"...IT'S A PROVEN THEORY...YOU CAN LOOK IT UP...:)

Sorry...caps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
            No, if that's the only reason you choose to like him. One "liked" comment does not cancel out all the other "unliked" things about Williams and UNC.
            Whew! Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              IT'S ACTUALLY A CASE OF "LESSER OF TWO EVILS"...IT'S A PROVEN THEORY...YOU CAN LOOK IT UP...:)

Sorry...caps.
              It's similar to this year's presidential race. They all suck, but we have to elect someone.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Apparently Jay Wright is the top choice for the Phoenix Suns coaching spot. So Nova would be opening up soon. Great basketball school, will be interesting to see who gets thrown around to replace Jay if he leaves.

Don't think Marshall would even consider moving up that far north btw. Just more offseason chatter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  There are rumors the Roy Williams might retire. Don't know if NC losing changes those plans or not. I would think they would hire a North Carolina guy rather than outsider, but that is worth watching.
                  I have always thought that Coach Marshall would give serious consideration to an ACC team in the south.

"Once a southern boy, always a southern boy." Particularly, the deep south. Folks, who were not born and raised in the south, might not understand or agree to this notion.

I just do not believe he would take a job in any other P-5 conference, including the SEC. Well, there might be one exception - Florida.

UNC, Duke and similar teams will give preference to former players and assistant coaches for new coaches.

I think UNC would appeal to Coach Marshall, but the baggage would be a significant deterrent.

The most significant, incurable deterrent of all is Coach Marshall's age.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                    Well, that and Lynn. Mrs. Coach is a darn near nuclear deterrent, for which I for one am very grateful.

Comment

I don't see it that way. In fact, it might actually be somewhat of a catalyst. If he thinks this is something he wants to do then he perhaps would want to make a move sooner rather than later.

I don't think very many would be put off at age 53, especially in his profession.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Apparently Jay Wright is the top choice for the Phoenix Suns coaching spot. So Nova would be opening up soon. Great basketball school, will be interesting to see who gets thrown around to replace Jay if he leaves.

Don't think Marshall would even consider moving up that far north btw. Just more offseason chatter.
                        Is Villanova elite?

Comment

I have always thought that Coach Marshall would give serious consideration to an ACC team in the south.

"Once a southern boy, always a southern boy." Particularly, the deep south. Folks, who were not born and raised in the south, might not understand or agree to this notion.

I just do not believe he would take a job in any other P-5 conference, including the SEC. Well, there might be one exception - Florida.

UNC, Duke and similar teams will give preference to former players and assistant coaches for new coaches.

I think UNC would appeal to Coach Marshall, but the baggage would be a significant deterrent.

Add Kentucky to the SEC pool.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Who the hell do these guys think they are?

“I said (to the unnamed Midwest coach), ‘Give me your reaction to the following — Vanderbilt,’” Fogler recalled. “(The coach’s) answer was, ‘Well, I need to know more.’ As soon as he told me that he needed to know more, I knew it wasn’t the guy for the job.”

Comment

• Marshall already has a better job than Vandy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remember'70 View Post
                                Who the hell do these guys think they are?

“I said (to the unnamed Midwest coach), ‘Give me your reaction to the following — Vanderbilt,’” Fogler recalled. “(The coach’s) answer was, ‘Well, I need to know more.’ As soon as he told me that he needed to know more, I knew it wasn’t the guy for the job.”

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...irst/82750960/
                                Wonder if I'm still dumb for judging them based off their message board fans. It all starts at the top.

Comment

Working...
                                X