The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Marshall's "tapped out" here, and next year he'll be rebuilding from nothing.

Who knew?

I guess if he's reached a peak with a program that has 2 F4's, 4 E8's, and 6 S16's, then what should he expect at a program with the same resume, less a F4?

And LOL at rebuilding with nothing. Top 50 and top 100 starters next year Shamet, Frankamp, Brown, and McDuffie would probably be interested in that. So would the incoming ESPN 4 star and the two top 25 JuCo guys.

Ahhhh, I see you've been on our board. You wouldn't happen to be DowntownShockerBrown by any chance would you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chi-TownTiger View Post
      Ahhhh, I see you've been on our board. You wouldn't happen to be DowntownShockerBrown by any chance would you?
      No. He has his own login of the same here. Doesn't post much anymore. Kind of a high brow type of dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Not sure luck will have much to do with it and it is unlikely to be a steal. You will be paying full price. Maybe you meant to say if were bucky enough.
        They offered Cal more than Kentucky did when he left. We're bucky enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          No. He has his own login of the same here. Doesn't post much anymore. Kind of a high brow type of dude.
          Ok.

Comment

He's at TOB.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Anybody else find it incredibly amusing that Memphis fans are making comparisons between Cal moving from Memphis to Kentucky and Marshall going from WSU to Memphis?

Kentucky = Memphis. Who knew?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Anybody else find it incredibly amusing that Memphis fans are making comparisons between Cal moving from Memphis to Kentucky and Marshall going from WSU to Memphis?

Who compared Memphis to Kentucky? We compared successful coaches who were getting offers every year from everyone on the planet. Did you know Cal turned down an offer from Kentucky two years earlier. He only took the job the second time around because he knew sanctions would be coming down on Memphis. He made it clear the first go round he didn't want the pressure cooker of Kentucky.

Comment

• Hard to say what 3G is up to if anything. He definitely knows how to play the game and he has used these flirtations to his great advantage in securing a fantastic pay package and contract with unbelievable job security. He can get out of his contract fairly cheaply if he wants to but WSU would have to come up with about $20 million or so to buy him out if I understand the way his contract is structured. For all practical purposes he has lifetime job security at Wichita State if he chooses to stay here. Now that goes a long way towards complete control. I'm sure whoever flirts with 3G will have to match that kind of job security in addition to raising the ante. Some may be willing to. Some may not be so willing to do that.

Comment

• Can someone post the link to their message board? I know it's been on here but I can't find the post.

Comment

Anybody else find it incredibly amusing that Memphis fans are making comparisons between Cal moving from Memphis to Kentucky and Marshall going from WSU to Memphis?

THANK YOU.

Great coach goes from solid program to a top 2 all time program. Solid program never had a chance to keep him.

Great coach from a solid program courted by another solid program currently in the crapper.

Seems about right to me.

Comment

Even though it's just crazy talk, i'm pretty sure i've never seen the world of college sports jump into the realm of ridiculous like they have for Marshall. Bama was a very serious joke because they are a football school. Vandy was a uneeded troll.. Memphis, words can't even descibe their delusion.
                        I haven't seen college sports this bad since Texas cooked up the bad idea that is the Longhorn Network, which some how almost resulted in the Big 12 collapsing.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                          Can someone post the link to their message board? I know it's been on here but I can't find the post.
                          Let me get it for you.

Comment

• MemphisTigers.org: The #1 Board for Memphis Tigers sports on the internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                              Even though it's just crazy talk, i'm pretty sure i've never seen the world of college sports jump into the realm of ridiculous like they have for Marshall. Bama was a very serious joke because they are a football school. Vandy was a uneeded troll.. Memphis, words can't even descibe their delusion.
                              I haven't seen college sports this bad since Texas cooked up the bad idea that is the Longhorn Network, which some how almost resulted in the Big 12 collapsing.
                              Delusional? We hired an ex nba coach who had a final four on his resume' but we can't court a coach from the MVC? Who's delusional?

Comment

Delusional? We hired an ex nba coach who had a final four on his resume' but we can't court a coach from the MVC? Who's delusional?
                                Whatever you do please pay no attention to the village idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X