The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From KSN

WICHITA, Kan. — Registration is now underway for all 2016 Gregg Marshall Shocker Basketball Camps.

Coach Marshall and staff will lead a variety of sessions this June designed to help boys and girls of all ages and ability levels improve their basketball knowledge and skills in a fun, energetic and positive atmosphere.

Camp brochures and pre-registration forms are available on the men’s basketball page at GoShockers.com, under the “camps” tab. Campers may register onsite, but a $20 walk-up fee will apply for non-registered campers.

For questions regarding the camp, please contact the men’s basketball office at 316-978-3252, or email marshallhoops@GoShockers:.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Everybody but shocker fans think this guy is in demand.
      Stop being so worried all the time, you act like every school that courts Marshall is better than WSU in every aspect you gotta have some faith and LYMFNH
      Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Every program thinks they are ****ing King Arthur trying to pull Grexxcaliber from the stone.

But there will only be one. I'm not naive enough to think no one can, but me thinks there is only one.

Severl have tried.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          And I would like to bone Taylor Swift, but I'm living in this thing called real life and I know that it's not going to happen so I'm not going to waste any time trying to make it happen.
          I really want to make a joke about you boning @Jtaylor:, swiftly

But I won't make that joke. This is me not doing that. He's probably already pretty used to getting boned by WSU anyway

Comment

Everybody but shocker fans think this guy is in demand.
            No we know hes in demand. Its just pointless to handlg in every stupid ass article that says hes being sought. Get a grip

Comment

• I don't think that WSU and Wichita is the issue, I am concerned that Gregg's hatred toward Doug Elgin and the Missouri Valley may drive him to leave, I know this all has been discussed before, but everything from the officiating, other school's scheduling, television contracts, NCAA tournament selections, and Doug Elgin himself just completely sucks. I know that some of you think that it is paranoia to think the valley has an axe to grind with WSU, but I don't think that SIU and Creighton in their hay day dealt with the sort of treatment that we receive. This needs to be fixed right away.

Comment

• Like I am the one that generated 45 pages.............

Comment

• Here's a name that hasn't been thrown out there yet but we be perfect for Memphis - Richard Pitino, now go get him.

Comment

• Not sure I understand the Elgin issue. Especially since he was instrumental in bringing Gregg to WSU. Am I missing something?

Comment

• What is Mike Cohen doing these days? Could he use the work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Royalno5 View Post
                        I don't think that WSU and Wichita is the issue, I am concerned that Gregg's hatred toward Doug Elgin and the Missouri Valley may drive him to leave, I know this all has been discussed before, but everything from the officiating, other school's scheduling, television contracts, NCAA tournament selections, and Doug Elgin himself just completely sucks. I know that some of you think that it is paranoia to think the valley has an axe to grind with WSU, but I don't think that SIU and Creighton in their hay day dealt with the sort of treatment that we receive. This needs to be fixed right away.
                        It does sound a bit like fan paranoia. I think Gregg MIGHT believe it. I think it might drive him some...chip on the shoulder and all that. Where I do agree is on that the underwhelming strength of the MVC. It's not competitive currently and that is a big negative.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

L. Jason Smith
                          ‏@TheCAJasonSmith
                          Is Memphis a top 15 job, as @JasonKingBR believes? @tsnmike, @GoodmanESPN, @JonRothstein weigh in for us

Jason King ‏@JasonKingBR · 6h6 hours ago

Jason King Retweeted L. Jason Smith

Just went back & took a closer look, and 15 may have been a bit generous (off-the-cuff radio remark). I'd say 18-25
                          I responded to him and told him right now Memphis would be lucky to be considered a top 40 job currently. In the future, sure it could be.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                            Now they are claiming Tad Boyle will be their next coach
                            well a former shocker is always a positive step.

I think Steve Forbes would be a great hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by KraRam View Post
                              Not sure I understand the Elgin issue. Especially since he was instrumental in bringing Gregg to WSU. Am I missing something?
                              That is all propaganda created by Elgin to try and get shocker fans off his back. Schaust was the instrumental one in getting GM to WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                I see no reason why Sports Sunday shouldn't logically be renamed The Three Stooges. You'd need to come up with more contextual names though. How about Pimp, Dweeb, and Attention Whore?

Anybody else remember how professional that show was back in the day with Heartl, Kobbe, and Bartlett? My how it has fallen. Talent, production value, set, relevancy, viewership... and on and on.
                                This times a million.

Say what you want about Bruce. Yes he has his schtick and quirks and I know his play-by-play is well mediocre, but when the guy was at KWCH, that station was legit. WSU was always in the forefront and rightfully so. When he left and amateur hour took over, that station's credibility took a MAJOR hit.

For some reason now, that station thinks they're the CBS Topeka or Kansas City affiliate or something. The only KU fans in the area are bandwagon fans and don't watch the sports segments anyways so they're catering to an audience that doesn't even watch. It's not even about WSU necessarily, but it's just bad business. You cater to the people who watch you. And in this city, that is Wichita State. When they put WSU coverage on the back burner, my eyes left them and I think a lot have too.

And going one step further, the level of talent is akin to a high school journalism television production. It's raw and little to no information is ever given. I dunno how Cindy and Roger and Merril for that matter put up with that **** show. I wonder if they're rolling their eyes too.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X