The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
    why is that? I don't disagree we're similar programs (I never said we weren't)
    We have a good coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      We have a good coach.
      and we're about to as well...Thx GTech, love those guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        And just so you'll know, SBT -- the tournament's already over. WSU got in.

You mean conference affiliation concerns are now over & done with? I feel so much better now that that will never be an issue again going foward...

Back to terra firma now...

Comment

We are good right now and Memphis isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            We are good right now and Memphis isn't.
            lol, we're not a flavor of the week kind of program...GTech from the ACC did just hire our coach...it's not like we canned him for not winning.

the Lawson's, Charlie Moore, Nick Marshall...next guy could have some real talent, and I'm down with Forbes...he had a good first year and ETSU is only paying him 207k per year

Comment

lol, we're not a flavor of the week kind of program...GTech from the ACC did just hire our coach...it's not like we canned him for not winning.

the Lawson's, Charlie Moore, Nick Marshall...next guy could have some real talent, and I'm down with Forbes...he had a good first year and ETSU is only paying him 207k per year
              1. Georgia Tech sucks.
              2. You are paying Pastner to coach not for you. You didn't can him for not winning because you couldn't afford it.

Comment

We've got returning starters with NCAA experience. We've got good talent ready to step up. We've got pre-season accolades (already!). We've got a good recruiting class coming in, guys Marshall recruited specifically for his system. He's done "rebuilding" the program. It's humming like a good car. Do we have warts? Sure, mainly our lousy conference. But, I believe that will change soon enough. Nothing against Memphis. But I think he stays. This is CLEARLY not about money. But, Memphis is, at BEST, only a slight step up and more likely a lateral move. Now, somewhere that is true blue blood, as others have mentioned, could be considered as a significant step up. But not Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                  Jason King tweeting that he's been saying for 2 years,Memphis would be perfect for Marshall. Man this crap gets old.
                  It would be...
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Good god I get tired of the Shocker fans that are just as sure about our coach's departure as the fans of the teams that want him are, every damn year.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      It would be...
                      It's worked out great for Turgeon... the whole leaving for greener pastures crap.

Comment

It's worked out great for Turgeon... the whole leaving for greener pastures crap.
                        Has it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Marshall makes more than Turgeon and has had WAY better success in the NCAA tournament. Exactly how has it worked out better?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Has it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Marshall makes more than Turgeon and has had WAY better success in the NCAA tournament. Exactly how has it worked out better?
                          Gotta turn up your meter there.

Comment

10 years later and he's still 2 rounds short of what Marshall has achieved. And I believe Marshall has had more NCAA appearances during that stretch too.

And prior to last year's turnaround, his seat was getting awfully warm at Maryland. He came through at the last possible second.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              At times like these .. the meter is all over the place! haha.

Though it hasn't been BAD for Turgeon ... just not as good as it could have been here.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                Oops.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X