• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Bunch View Post
    Memphis isn't on the list:

1. Alabama - already said no
    2. Michigan - coach not going anywhere
    3. Ohio State - coach not going anywhere
    4. Oklahoma - coach not going anywhere (yet)
    5. Texas - already decided he won't work for those dickheads
    6. Florida St - not a traditional conference power
    7. Penn St - ha! would be a good middle-of-the-pack valley team
    8. LSU - this is one to think about, their coach is on the hot seat maybe after the Simmons debacle
    9. Ole Miss - welcome to Cheaterville... no thanks Bubba.
    10. A & M - can't see him going the Turgeon route. Especially to a place where the male cheerleaders like to grab their own nuts
    11. Baylor - No. Waco is more remote than Wichita and aside from recent history, Baylor has been a league doormat
    12. Duke - sure, who wouldn't?
    13. Kentucky - ditto, even better situation
    14. Arizona - Miller not leaving. It's hot in Tuscon and we know how much he loves to sweat it out
    15. Kansas - KU hiring the WSU coach? Better chance of Hillary backing Trump for President
    16. Indiana - always a possibility
    17. Mich St - Izzo not leaving anytime soon
    18. Syracuse - surprisingly, Boeheim is only paid about $2.5 million
    19. Connecticut - apparently Geno is okay with the men's coach making more money. Not sure about more than double
    20. Louisville - if they were going to fire Pitino they would have already done it
    21. North Carolina - just like Ky and Duke1. Alabama - already said no
    2. Michigan - coach not going anywhere
    3. Ohio State - coach not going anywhere
    4. Oklahoma - coach not going anywhere (yet)
    5. Texas - already decided he won't work for those dickheads
    6. Florida St - not a traditional conference power
    7. Penn St - ha! would be a good middle-of-the-pack valley team
    8. LSU - this is one to think about, their coach is on the hot seat maybe after the Simmons debacle
    9. Ole Miss - welcome to Cheaterville... no thanks Bubba.
    10. A & M - can't see him going the Turgeon route. Especially to a place where the male cheerleaders like to grab their own nuts
    11. Baylor - No. Waco is more remote than Wichita and aside from recent history, Baylor has been a league doormat
    12. Duke - sure, who wouldn't?
    13. Kentucky - ditto, even better situation
    14. Arizona - Miller not leaving. It's hot in Tuscon and we know how much he loves to sweat it out
    15. Kansas - KU hiring the WSU coach? Better chance of Hillary backing Trump for President
    16. Indiana - always a possibility
    17. Mich St - Izzo not leaving anytime soon
    18. Syracuse - surprisingly, Boeheim is only paid about $2.5 million
    19. Connecticut - apparently Geno is okay with the men's coach making more money. Not sure about more than double
    20. Louisville - if they were going to fire Pitino they would have already done it
    21. North Carolina - just like Ky and Duke
    we got rid of Pastner, and Steve Forbes is available...this is a good day for Memphis, indeed.

Comment

• I just saw on twitter, pictures of Ben Jacobson scarfing down some dry ribs with Tom Bowen. I checked flight departures and sure enough, there was a flight departure from Cedar Falls to Memphis. I hear they're going after Jacobson hard. Word has it they're offering 2 million as of right now. Some of the perks that I'm hearing includes country club membership, free Graceland tours, and they're working with Casey's General Store to keep providing him all of the breakfast pizza he currently enjoys now at UNI. They're breakfast pizza is pretty bomb, so I can see that being a deal breaker if that's not included.

Okay...not really. But let's get this rumor going until puff jaws ******* picks up on it that way those dicks have to deal with this crap for once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        Memphis State is a fine basketball program. Just believe if HCGM leaves WSU it will be for a much much better program than Memphis State.
        Beside, Memphis as a city is freakin' muddy ghetto dump with a lot of mosquitos.

They are however in a much better conference than the MoVal, which could be the death of us.
        Come on now! I see memphis on the First 48 all the time.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          And just so you'll know, SBT -- the tournament's already over. WSU got in.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
            It's always the dude in cut off jean shorts and a wife beater that ends up being the murderer too.

Comment

• Is UCLA a better program than Memphis?

Comment

• You guys are a hoot.

Comment

• Don't kid yourselves folks. Yes, Memphis has had some struggles the past couple of years and GM would have to rebuild some, but Memphis' foundation is set and ready. It took GM just two years at WSU to rebuild the Shox into a 20 plus game winner in this third season. I doubt it would take him longer at Memphis. He's a lot closer to recruiting hotbeds and talent, basketball is king at Memphis (while they've had some success of late in football, basketball still rules the roost there). Memphis offered 4.6 million a year for 6 years to keep Coach Cal, they have the money to lure GM. He'll be closer to home too.

While it may seem as a lateral move right now comparing the levels of success the two programs have had the last 4-5 years, Memphis does have good history and is considered a national brand name. This gig, IMO, is better than 'Bama and Vandy.

I believe his daughter will be a junior next year so I think that will play a major role in GM staying here. After she graduates, then I'll start chewing on my nails.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                    To be fair, they are in very close proximity to West Memphis.

And it's never good when you have a directional name of said city in a different state.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                      Don't kid yourselves folks. Yes, Memphis has had some struggles the past couple of years and GM would have to rebuild some, but Memphis' foundation is set and ready. It took GM just two years at WSU to rebuild the Shox into a 20 plus game winner in this third season. I doubt it would take him longer at Memphis. He's a lot closer to recruiting hotbeds and talent, basketball is king at Memphis (while they've had some success of late in football, basketball still rules the roost there). Memphis offered 4.6 million a year for 6 years to keep Coach Cal, they have the money to lure GM. He'll be closer to home too.

While it may seem as a lateral move right now comparing the levels of success the two programs have had the last 4-5 years, Memphis does have good history and is considered a national brand name. This gig, IMO, is better than 'Bama and Vandy.

I believe his daughter will be a junior next year so I think that will play a major role in GM staying here. After she graduates, then I'll start chewing on my nails.
                      Does the closer to home argument matter when we are talking about private jets and maybe an hours flight time?
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        FUUUUUCK
                        From the at large bid to this, you're really starting to act like a scared little girl. Slightly embarrassing.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• They will have to pony up the cash. This offer will have to be a stand-on-it's-own thing. I don't see WSU donor's having another meeting to dig up more here.

Comment

• Worst side effect of our baseball program going to $#!% ?? = nothing better to talk about than this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
                              at what point did I do any comparison to WSU?

I don't see WSU as a threat, and wish y'all nothing but success (unless you play us)

I just happen to like your coach...
                              You didn't. Not meant as anything personal. But, as my original post mentioned, most fans (including me: I happen to like Memphis basketball, just not Calipari) say, "Our program's great! Look at our history!" and sometimes that morphs into, "Our program's better than yours! Look at our history!" I think a side by side comparison would reveal a VERY similar history. I just think, going forward, we are in a much better position than Memphis. So, is Marshall interested in "make our program GREAT again" over "keep our program GREAT?!" I think he stays.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                                You didn't. Not meant as anything personal. But, as my original post mentioned, most fans (including me: I happen to like Memphis basketball, just not Calipari) say, "Our program's great! Look at our history!" and sometimes that morphs into, "Our program's better than yours! Look at our history!" I think a side by side comparison would reveal a VERY similar history. I just think, going forward, we are in a much better position than Memphis. So, is Marshall interested in "make our program GREAT again" over "keep our program GREAT?!" I think he stays.
                                why is that? I don't disagree we're similar programs (I never said we weren't)

Comment

Working...
                                X