The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WUpigsooie View Post
    Ok I'm not crazy right? Memphis would be a mostly lateral move right? And a program that would need major rebuilding?
    You're not crazy. But the people at CBS and the people in Memphis are and have been for the last 3 years or so.

Comment

• Pastner's got 3 years left on a $3.6 mil per year contract with Memphis. What kind of money is GA Tech going to have to offer to get Pastner (and why would they) while still paying their last 2 coaches?

On the other hand, if Memphis can get out from under Pastner's contract, they'll have no problem offering $4+ mill to the right coach.

Comment

• Memphis is a demotion right now.

Comment

• Jeff *******:I am sorry Wichita State fans ... But Memphis is a better job.
          11:04pm - 7 Apr 16

Jeff seems to be smoking some strong crack over there at espn studios.
          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Whether it is a better job or not, it is closer to home for Marshall.

Comment

• And ******* has nothing better to do than troll our board?

Comment

• If Memphis is this top tier college basketball job like some people are pretending it is they wouldn't have hired Josh Pastner in the first place.

Comment

• Close to home would not rate high for Memohis job. Multiple bids would. But I think they still have a coach right now.

Comment

• Jason King tweeting that he's been saying for 2 years,Memphis would be perfect for Marshall. Man this crap gets old.

Comment

• Uh, I thought Memphis wasn't a problem when they still owed Pastner another 12 plus mil on the contract. If they free that money up I could see Marshall going there for sure. A lot like WSU but in a way way better league. He would obviously have Memphis rolling, Uconn, Cinn, SMU, Temple. Seriously the Valley is an anchor big time.

Comment

• The Valley blows - No question about it. It is an issue. And it may make Wichita State worse off than Memphis.

Key word... MAY. Sorry I don't think Memphis is a slam dunk better job than WSU. And if 3G or anyone else thinks that Memphis is way better, then go ahead and go. I want someone who sees Wichita State for what it is - A Gonzaga-like program in the Midwest. We have everything someone would want to be successful here.

This gets old. I am fed up with the constant talking and BS. I know it's the game, but damn.

Comment

• Isn't Memphi in Austin Reaves backyard, I see this going all sorts of crappy ways

Comment

• Here's the thing that nobody knows or is talking about- Marshall makes a hell of a lot more than $3.5 million. That's why he enjoys talking to schools that are perceived to be better jobs. He'll listen to their offer, listen to them scratch his back and tell him how great he is, and then when they float their offer of $4-5 million he says thanks, but you'll have to double that. And then the realization dawns on them that maybe the check from WSU isn't the the only multimillion check he cashes and they aren't as high and mighty as they thought.

I have this theory that when they passed the plate last summer, it wasn't a money collection, it was a commitment collection. Commitment to give X amount every year into a private fund and then match the base salary that the school pays. Furthermore, I think HCGM gets that yearly stipend as long as he lives in the Wichita area AND as long as he doesn't coach at another post secondary institution.

TLDR: Theory that Marshall actually makes 7 million/ year and 3.5 is a rolling stipend as long as he lives in the 316.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Random thought, how long until the influential donors perceive these events as being jerked off for more money and grow weary of it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                                Random thought, how long until the influential donors perceive these events as being jerked off for more money and grow weary of it?
                                I would think doing a money grab the year after getting a giant raise would be enough for a lot of donors to walk.

Comment

Working...
                                X