Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    For real, what if it's to visit Jans?
    Okay, guys, I can finally come out with the truth...

...they're hiring me and @Jamar Howard 4 President: as co-head coaches for Vanderbilt. They have seen our analytics mindset on ShockerNet and love the attention to detail we bring. There is no better venue to display your knowledge of the game of basketball than an online message board, and we felt it would be best to parlay our skills into better paying jobs. They are paying us in KenPom subscriptions and software programs to better develop this strength.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      Okay, guys, I can finally come out with the truth...

...they're hiring me and @Jamar Howard 4 President as co-head coaches for Vanderbilt. They have seen our analytics mindset on ShockerNet and love the attention to detail we bring. There is no better venue to display your knowledge of the game of basketball than an online message board, and we felt it would be best to parlay our skills into better paying jobs. They are paying us in KenPom subscriptions and software programs to better develop this strength.
      No way you'll be able to successfully communicate meaningful statistics in real time from the baseline. Literally the worst school selection you guys could have gone for. But, at least we'll all be able to go back to unobstructed B12-hating around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Cross-posted for context from another thread:
        Kellen deleted that tweet, he must enjoy watching this too haha

Comment

• @KelMoney24: @ShockerHoops lol well we are in Arizona so idk who that jet is going to get???
          Sounds like 3G to Arizona is a done deal

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
            Sounds like 3G to Arizona is a done deal
            Thank you for this. Was only a matter of time.

Apparently we should quit beating teams. They all want our coach.

This thread is always so fun. The combination of a Top 10 coach stuck in a shitty-ass conference and the amount of private plane maintenance/service/modifications both in this city always makes for a fun March/April.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Thank you for this. Was only a matter of time.

Apparently we should quit beating teams. They all want our coach.

This thread is always so fun. The combination of a Top 10 coach stuck in a shitty-ass conference and the amount of private plane maintenance/service/modifications both in this city always makes for a fun March/April.
              Meh, I'm perfectly ok with having a coach everyone wants because we are winning, rather than trying to figure out how we are going to buy out our current coach ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Meh, I'm perfectly ok with having a coach everyone wants because we are winning, rather than trying to figure out how we are going to buy out our current coach ...
                Luckily, we get to experience both at WSU at this very moment! Fun for everyone!

Comment

• Suellentrop also echoed the "Marshall isn't even in Wichita" non-news news a couple of hours ago on his Twitter account.

Comment

• It would be really ironic if that plane actually WAS here for Marshall .... and they just didn't think to check ahead to make sure he would be here :)

Comment

• Allegiant Air from Phoenix landing at Wichita at 11:57 a.m. Let's just fuel the rumors...
                      COULD MARSHALL BE ON THAT FLIGHT?
                      This was a great sarcastic quote from their board lol

Comment

• I didn't realize that Nashville, Kansas had an airport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          This was a great sarcastic quote from their board lol
                          There are a couple of guys on their board running with it as a legit angle. No joke.

Vandy: OMG Marshall we have got to talk to you. Sending someone to Wichita TODAY to get you wrapped up.

Marshall: Well, I'm actually on a family vaca a thousand miles away at the moment, but the thought of working for a basketball program with less historical relevance than my own, in the weakest P5 conference by far, might be too much pull to resist. Hold on, imma catch a coach seat on an Allegiant regional jet, and meet you back in Wichita THIS VERY AFTERNOON. Don't worry yourself with the thought of - I don't know - YOU coming to ME.
                          Last edited by SHOCKvalue; March 28, 2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                            For real, what if it's to visit Jans?
                            My thought as well...or Heiar.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Re: Best Case - Worst Case on Gregg Marshall...
                              10:45 AM
                              (2 votes)
                              If Marshall doesn't come, I'd bet money that he ends the meeting saying "you've got the best candidate for the job just up the street, and you wouldn't have to pay moving expenses: go hire Dana Ford."

I'd have to know if he's related to Acesfan82 or whatever his name was, but I'd be willing to take that particular wager.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                There are a couple of guys on their board running with it as a legit angle. No joke.
                                Case study for delusional?
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X