The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    Maybe if VCU had a budget to pay players like Wichita State does Shaka would have stayed.

vcuramnation.com forums are down, btw. Thank you to to @_kai_ for keeping ShockerNet up throughout our whole ordeal. It dropped on me a few times but it was always for only a few seconds.
    Yep, pretty lame. You can tell they know they're in trouble.

Or I guess with all of the "HAVOC" junk everywhere, they're maybe just redoing the website.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      I'm glad Shaka is gone. When VCU fans started disparaging GM (over Carl Hall) and insinuating under the table dealings as the reason why CH chose WSU over them, I had it with VCU.
      Most have put that behind them and are decent folk

Comment

• I hate to see Shaka leave VCU.

Comment

• Wonder if what would have happened if wichita state didn't blink first and called marshals bluff to go visit Alabama... Interesting... None the less he deserves the money... Just an after thought

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            I hate to see Shaka leave VCU.
            Anthony Grant should put his ego aside and go back... If they want him

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
              Wonder if what would have happened if wichita state didn't blink first and called marshals bluff to go visit Alabama... Interesting... None the less he deserves the money... Just an after thought
              So we could try to low-ball the most successful and popular coach we've ever had? No, this was the perfect opportunity for WSU to show that it means business when it comes to basketball, and I'd say the message was received loud and clear.

Comment

• I think he would have made the visit to Alabama, taken some more more time and been torn up about it. Eventually by Monday he would be back in wichita and announce he's staying, but with this feeling that WSU didn't work with him that much. In other words, he might feel like he made a huge sacrifice to stay but the school didn't reciprocate much sacrifice to help match the offer. Little things that may go a long way later.

Instead WSU made a similar sacrifice as a major gesture to show him what he's worth and that goes a long way in the right direction. It also raises the schools respect level a ton in the national media. WSU hit a home run that might have changed more about the university than I can even see today.

Comment

• This is all guesswork by you guys. Only Marshall (and perhaps his family) knows what he had to deal with and what "decision" he needed to make. Let's just leave it that GM is our coach for next year. If he really wants to leave, the door is open and there is nothing any one of you, individually, can do about it. He made his choice to stay -- that should be enough for anyone. It sure is for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    This is all guesswork by you guys. Only Marshall (and perhaps his family) knows what he had to deal with and what "decision" he needed to make. Let's just leave it that GM is our coach for next year. If he really wants to leave, the door is open and there is nothing any one of you, individually, can do about it. He made his choice to stay -- that should be enough for anyone. It sure is for me.
                    Agree. There's nothing to be gained by speculating on what if scenarios. We are paying Marshall close to fair market value. At this time, he remains our coach. And all parties should be happy about that.
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                      Wonder if what would have happened if wichita state didn't blink first and called marshals bluff to go visit Alabama... Interesting... None the less he deserves the money... Just an after thought
                      How do you know he was bluffing?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Nobody knows, but my uneducated guess is that he was not.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I am guessing this is based on the quote from Dazon Ingram that said Marshall told him that it didn't matter what school contacted Marshall or how much money they offered him, Marshall would not leave WSU. While I have no idea what Marshall says to recruits, I did hear with my own ears that Marshall said it would take a crazy offer for him to leave WSU. I think what Alabama was offering was definitely in the neighborhood of a crazy offer. So I don't think there was any bluffing by any of the parties just good sound business negotiation by all parties.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Nobody knows, but my uneducated guess is that he was not.
                            As would mine, but you are correct I don't know that for a fact.

Comment

• He was not bluffing. And no one really wanted to risk it either

Comment

• 3G was on Mike and Mike this morning. Did his usual stellar job. The one point he made that caught my attention was that the commitment he feels towards his current players and incoming recruits weighed heavily in his decision to stay. That comment did not surprise me although not sure I have heard him articulate it to that degree before.

Comment

Working...
                                X