The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    I'm with you. As long as he stays I don't GAF about what's going on with them.
    We need to act like we've been their before. Actually, we don't have to act like it because we have been there before.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
      If I'm not mistaken this is not the first time HCGM has been passed over for his "prickly" personality. I remember Clemson folks talking about this years ago when they were hiring a coach and it seems like South Carolina had a similar sentiment (which seems a but ironic). But I still feel like that edginess is what makes him so good for this university.
      What's funny is that the two coaches most known for their "edginess" are Nick Saban and Bill Belichick. Quickly entering the discussion of the best college and pro football coaches of all time.

The beautiful thing about schools like Texas is that they continuously value the wrong things, namely engagement with the media. Some great coaches have that, but having it isn't what made them great coaches. It's just an extra benefit.

Things like this are part of why Texas has no where NEAR the success one would think a school with their brand should have. Part of that is because coaches like Mack Brown, who are excellent at sucking up to boosters and have a great relationship with the media, but really aren't very good coaches. They hire on factors other than coaching ability ... to be a coach. And if Texas flames out again they'll repeat the same mistake again, and again, and again, and again. They run Texas athletics as a brand, not as sports teams.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Link to Andy Katz
        Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 54s54 seconds ago Wichita State is working on an enhanced contract package to keep head coach Gregg Marshall, multiple sources told... http://es.pn/1FiCrGL
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Andy Katz @ESPNAndyKatz
          · 23s 23 seconds ago
          Gregg Marshall's decision should be by end of weekend. Give Wichita State credit. Shockers doing everything they can to try to keep him.
          lolwut

Comment

• Whut???

Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 2m2 minutes ago
            Gregg Marshall's decision should be by end of weekend. Give Wichita State credit. Shockers doing everything they can to try to keep him.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• wuuuuuuuuuuut?

Comment

• The_Coach, where ya at???? Lol
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                  I have it from solid sources that WSU has offered significantly more than the 2.8m that Smart was offered.
                  I hope that really is the case. Take money off the table as an issue.
                  "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Ryan Cody
                    ‏@ryancodyWHNT
                    So @ESPNAndyKatz is reporting talks of a raise for Gregg Marshall at Wichita State. Sounds like the response to an Alabama offer #justsaying

This clown understands nothing....

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      Link to Andy Katz
                      Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 54s54 seconds ago Wichita State is working on an enhanced contract package to keep head coach Gregg Marshall, multiple sources told... http://es.pn/1FiCrGL
                      Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      Whut???

Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 2m2 minutes ago
                      Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      lolwut
                      Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      wuuuuuuuuuuut?
                      The irony to me here is that in order to make a statement like "WSU is going to do everything they can to try to keep him" is:

1. It somehow tries to spin it into saying that WSU had to pull out all the stops to defeat Alabama and Texas when in fact, all we will have to do is give him a raise that probably won't be as much as either offer was.

2. It basically admits that an effort from WSU to keep him IS GOOD ENOUGH to keep him from going to a place like Alabama or Texas. But I thought we had no chance because I mean, this is TEXAS here!

I guess let the backpedaling begin. This is going to be glorious.

Comment

• C'mon ADES ... work that donor magic! Turns out ADES might be the EXACT type of athletic director we need to keep Marshall, since he's known to be a heckuva fundraiser more than anything else. Work it! Gogogogo!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• This thread is approaching EO territory.

Hope Coach Marshall decides soon.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Let's see if Andy responds to my tweet, I mentioned Alabama trying to save face and Wsu even at less money is better gig

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              C'mon ADES ... work that donor magic! Turns out ADES might be the EXACT type of athletic director we need to keep Marshall, since he's known to be a heckuva fundraiser more than anything else. Work it! Gogogogo!
                              And he stays out of Gregg's way, just stops by and says, Is everything going OK?
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Is @TheCoach Bill Wilson from the Wichita Business Journal?

Comment

Working...
                                X