• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post

BREAKING:

...Alabama's composure

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
      If I'm not mistaken this is not the first time HCGM has been passed over for his "prickly" personality. I remember Clemson folks talking about this years ago when they were hiring a coach and it seems like South Carolina had a similar sentiment (which seems a but ironic). But I still feel like that edginess is what makes him so good for this university. Perhaps this is unrealistic but at some point I wish HCGM would step back and look at the opportunities that WSU has given him and remain loyal to that. Who gives a damn that Shaka may make 2.8 mill a year? Isn't that pretty close to what he'll make this year? He gets paid stupid money, he wants for nothing and he is accepted for who he is. We've given him the chance to make this HIS dynasty. So do it!
      Gregg is prickly to pricks... that's why we love him. Shame on those pricks for not knowing when they have a winner setting across from them.

Hats off to ADES for being smart to know to just get the hell out of the way and hang on for the ride...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
        They didn't offer Alabama money because they don't have Alabama money. People think Texas is next to God in terms of cash. Two problems: 1) The drop in oil prices have put a ton of boosters out of the 'I wanna run an athletic department business' and 2) The Longhorn Network, leveraged to be the most incredible windfall of cash known to man, has subsequently flopped worse than a NBA player guarding a drive to the basket.

Don't get me wrong, Texas isn't 'poor' or 'broke'. But they are not to be considered the Texas of old either. This SEC Network thing has changed the game for those schools.
        ROFLMAO, didn't put themout of the 'I wanna run an athletic department business', it put them out of the 'Mr. AD, I can pi$$ very high, I write you a HUGE check every year and by *** you'll do what I say or the faucet gets shut off.'

Can't turn the money faucet off when it's already been turned off.

I agree about the LawnMowrin' network, though. We have it here in Houston......some of the events you might see:
        1983 Fiesta Bowl win against Duke
        1998 Women's volleyball NCAA first round game against Appy State.
        2003 Regional quarterfinal against Illinois

The longhorn network programming reminds me of WISH-TV's (in Indianapolis). I spent the better part of 5 years in Indy. Every fall you got to watch reruns of all the Hoosier title games.

Those with Bobby Knight were shown twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
          I have it from solid sources that WSU has offered significantly more than the 2.8m that Smart was offered.
          Cool. Hey, by the way, I have this bridge in Brooklyn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Bama board is imploding .. Blaming Marshall for "leading them on" when it very well looks like Battle just didn't understand what no meant.
            Dumb and Dumber
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
              Cool. Hey, by the way, I have this bridge in Brooklyn.
              I'm dead serious.

Comment

Bama board is imploding .. Blaming Marshall for "leading them on" when it very well looks like Battle just didn't understand what no meant.
                I am going to try and suppress any urge to gloat, especially until an official announcement is made. And even then perhaps a gracious winner approach might be in order. Just knowing Coach Marshall is still a Shocker will be all the reward and gratification I really need.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I am going to try and suppress any urge to gloat, especially until an official announcement is made. And even then perhaps a gracious winner approach might be in order. Just knowing Coach Marshall is still a Shocker will be all the reward and gratification I really need.
                  I haven't said a word over there.. It's not gloating if you just watch... Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                    I'm dead serious.
                    Color me skeptical. But, not like I haven't ate crow before. If it does turn out to be the case, I'm way more confident in Gregg retiring here if we can fork over that much cash.

Comment

• This is really going to be difficult news for some ISUr and Kansas fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                        Color me skeptical. But, not like I haven't ate crow before. If it does turn out to be the case, I'm way more confident in Gregg retiring here if we can fork over that much cash.
                        I wouldn't wildly bs about this boys. I know who the source is and he wears Black and Gold for a living.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I'm with you. As long as he stays I don't GAF about what's going on with them.

Comment

I haven't said a word over there.. It's not gloating if you just watch... Right?
                            Correct, and you can smile as big as you want. Heck even a wink would be in good taste. **** eatin' grins on the house if we get an official confirmation that Marshall is staying.

I've been buying up all the Cloud 9's I can get my hands on. Looking to make a big score when the demand explodes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              This is really going to be difficult news for some ISUr and Kansas fans.
                              ISUr, yes.

KU? Not so sure. They are probably just stoked Texas is hiring someone that hasn't won a league championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                ISUr, yes.

KU? Not so sure. They are probably just stoked Texas is hiring someone that hasn't won a league championship.
                                Yeah, I think HCGM going to Texas would be at least as bad news for them, as him staying here is.

Comment

Working...
                                X