No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ByBerkowitz: If Shaka Smart leaves VCU, his buyout will be $500K, plus a home-and-home basketball series -- or another $250K to buy out the series
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Wondering if we have actually presented the offer to him yet? Maybe we are dragging our feet and he decided to take a visit if we don't come up with something by Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        You have the right to your opinion. Please respect my right to mine.

I am disappointed. We offered him top 10 money and he didn't take it. Not a good sign, IMO.
        Were you in that meeting room? Do you know what his words were? Do you know that Forde is accurate? That's all I'm saying. If this all turns out to be fact, I may jump on that wagon with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          If he gets on the plane he can effing stay there. Getting a little close to a Stephenson/Altman for my taste. This deal was old a couple of days ago.
          Hate to say this but I couldn't agree more. If we have come close or reasonably close to matching the $$$ and he still goes to Alabama the I say adios MotherFu**er

Comment

• Hey, you guys want me to start another PM thread like I did last night? It seemed to take our minds off the important things for a couple of hours. How do you even access PM?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              Repeat:

Has this been posted? According to this source WSU's offer is in the neighborhood of $4 million. Staggering!

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...ching-carousel
              It's a little confusing, but I think that's referring to the Alabama offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                And Kunkle, by all reports is an ass-clown. IIRC, he worked @ Sinclair Broadcasting. If that's right, it just confirms he's one.
                Will Kunkel (@KWCHWill)
                4/1/15, 9:32 PM
                Sources tell Yahoo Sports, Gregg Marshall plans to visit Alabama for its head coaching vacancy on Friday. They're prepared to offer near 4M.

F this guy

Comment

• [QUOTE=dahill2424;565696]I think we are all being a little quick to jump to negative conclusions here--anyone that has considered changing jobs that would require a move of your family likely spent more than 5 days thinking it through and discussing with family. Asking somebody to make a life-changing decision on such a short timeframe seems unreasonable, and something that we wouldn't expect of ourselves in a similar situation. I don't fault HCGM for thinking through his options and I think giving him some time to think through what is best for him is fair.

And if my employer countered with market value, I would have taken it, provided I liked my job. You form connections at work and in your community, that's worth something.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                    I know this tumult is hard on people, but we're looking at this from the outside, with a clouded view and in slow motion. Let's give it a couple days before we turn on 3G, okay?
                    How long does it take a person, who has said many times that it's not about the money or you coach where you are loved, to say one way or the other that you're staying or going?

Someone needs to post again the reasons that Marshall would want to stay and the reason he would want to go.

Comment

• @RichOnSports: I have the one thing that will guarantee Gregg Marshall stays with @GoShockers: ...
                      Lifetime supply of @DooDahDiner
                      #EatAngry
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Damn, you guys turn on this man SO quick. If he does stay, I can't wait to watch you all worship the ground he walks on again.

I mean, good Lord...I'd love to watch half of you try to turn down $4,000,000 when thinking of your family. Even if we were to sniff $3 mil, which I really doubt we can do, that's still a considerable raise. Point is, give the man some space.
                        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Maybe there are three different entities, two competing for the services of a third, and the contracts being discussed are in the millions. It can take a week or two for these things to work out. I don't think Gregg goes, but my guess is almost as good as anyone. The only reason any one of you think that this is dragging out is because Marshall's name was dropped early. You guys didn't even know about the Missouri offer until about now in the process.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                            Were you in that meeting room? Do you know what his words were? Do you know that Forde is accurate? That's all I'm saying. If this all turns out to be fact, I may jump on that wagon with you.
                            No and neither were you. I have heard we offered him at least 3 million. Not 4 million, but enough to be top 10 money.

Comment

• Why Friday?

Maybe I'm giving him too much benefit of the doubt, but that seems like a bit of stalling in order to possibly make a decision HERE.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                                Damn, you guys turn on this man SO quick. If he does stay, I can't wait to watch you all worship the ground he walks on again.

I mean, good Lord...I'd love to watch half of you try to turn down $4,000,000 when thinking of your family. Even if we were to sniff $3 mil, which I really doubt we can do, that's still a considerable raise. Point is, give the man some space.
                                NM
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X