What would a win mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    , Creighton fans were probably the only other fan base in the nation not rooting for the Shox and I'm so pumped they got a crap burger to eat on their home floor.
    Not so sure about that. I sat next to several Creighton fans on Friday and have a lot of Creighton friends that all were rooting for Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerInLawrence View Post
      Do you always make this much of an ass of yourself, or is this rare form?
      Nope he's like this all the time

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
        You are incorrect.

WSU: #10. KU: #13.

We simply are the better team this year. We beat them on the court, and, over the course of the full season, we were the better, more efficient team, when adjusted for quality of competition.

I don't know/care whether you're a Johnny-come-lately or being a troll. WSU is the better team, and it's almost impossible to argue that.
        I like KenPom, but his rankings aren't gospel. BPI, Sagarin, a couple other less-recognized metrics say otherwise. It's too close to call definitively, in my mind, and so you have to defer to personal conclusions.

Comment

It does feel good, though I try to tune out the condescending pricks. Every fanbase has 'em. I apologize if you feel like I've been a d*ck to you or anyone else here; it's not the time for that. It's time to celebrate and look forward to a huge game (or two) next weekend.
          I completely agree that if we beat Kentucky, that doesn't mean we are the better team. However, it does mean we advance! I would say we are fairly equal to KU, though. My objective side would say that most top 10 teams are very evenly matched. I'm just really hoping we can get and stay hot! We may need another 50% from three kinda game to hang with UK if we get past ND.

Comment

Noted, and hats off to you for your relative civility, sir. I'm not sure I'm into the whole keep-"edgy"-opinions-to-yourself thing. There's nothing particularly edgy about claiming one top 10 team is better than another, even if the other is my team anyway. I never said the moon and the stars had to align. Not once. Kansas didn't execute as well as we did today. That's not entirely due to our disruptive style. That's the sum of my argument. There are several teams that I estimate to be better than us this year. That doesn't mean we can't beat them. It doesn't mean everything has to go wrong for us to beat them. It means that I think we would lose more often than not, given a sufficient sample size. Last year, that pool was smaller (basically just Arizona and Florida).

This really isn't a crazy opinion. Perhaps the timing is not great, but I didn't mean to start this argument. I'm proud of this team and eager to see them beat ND next weekend.
            My radar for you being the enemy isn't as bent as others on this fan board. I was new at one point...and I had opinions, but I waited till I had posting history before i criticized David Kyles for being a one deminsional player, or EO wasn't worth the time, effort, energy and money to be given a scholy for three years. My point being, I received opposing opinions about those subjects, but at least I was perceived to be a part of the family prior to the debates. There is something to be said for earning your stripes. Just sayin.

Comment

I like KenPom, but his rankings aren't gospel. BPI, Sagarin, a couple other less-recognized metrics say otherwise. It's too close to call definitively, in my mind, and so you have to defer to personal conclusions.
              BPI is a poor metric and always has been. KenPom and Sagarin are both far superior.

Sagarin hasn't been updated to account for this game yet. KenPom has.

The statistics are close enough that you can have a "too close to call" mindset. But not when a neutral court matchup is won decisively. That settles any ambiguity.

If a team loses to a team they were clearly better than statistically, sure, you can argue that. But every team WSU has beat in the NCAA tournament has magically "not played their best." Damn we're lucky. Or, you know, one of the best statistical defenses in the country continuously makes teams not play their best. That would be a more rational argument.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                If a win when it counts in a head to head post season matchup on a neutral floor doesn't mean one team is the better team, I don't know what else does unless we are just dealing with "name on the jersey" bias. Part of what defines a better team is showing up when it counts at the end of a season. That's why you play the game. It just is what it is.

Sorry your team didn't seize the moment and ours did. That's called being better. The teams that win the games get the titles.
                Wichita State was the better team today, and I think they have been for the last few years. But like it or not, you can't deny the history of Kansas basketball. They were in final fours in years when the Shox struggled to win 10 games. Both teams have great history, but right now the Shox are a better team.

Comment

• And if you are going to have a name like shockerinlawrence, by golly you better HATE KU. Having a name like that and defending them at all is very suspicious. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                    Nope he's like this all the time
                    Is that what you came to do after a WSU win over KU tonight? To get butthurt on how I make you cry? I thought you were ignoring everything about me and I wasn't gonna get to you?

Go hump a monkey.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      I completely agree that if we beat Kentucky, that doesn't mean we are the better team. However, it does mean we advance! I would say we are fairly equal to KU, though. My objective side would say that most top 10 teams are very evenly matched. I'm just really hoping we can get and stay hot! We may need another 50% from three kinda game to hang with UK if we get past ND.
                      Fairly equal is right, I think. Haha, wish we had started off on this foot. UK is frighteningly good. Would be incredible (and poetic) to end their perfect year.

Comment

• Why this ftard is still allowed to post here after one of our greatest wins in a while is beyond me.

This guy is as obvious as Jamar taking Nerd Econmics in high school.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          They played hard? I thought they quit.
                          TIC Pin.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Why this ftard is still allowed to post here after one of our greatest wins in a while is beyond me.

This guy is as obvious as Jamar taking Nerd Econmics in high school.
                            Seems like you've got a lot of issues to sort out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Is that what you came to do after a WSU win over KU tonight? To get butthurt on how I make you cry? I thought you were ignoring everything about me and I wasn't gonna get to you?

Go hump a monkey.
                              Nah, you don't bother me anymore, I actually feel sorry for you. You have a lot of built up hatred and anger. Maybe you should seek therapy. I have and it's done wonders for me

I was simply answering his question is all. I sincerely hope you get the anger management you need. Have a nice night sir. Or ma'am, whatever you are

Comment

• I think it means we pick up one more undecided stud.

Comment

Working...
                                X