What would a win mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Remember that time when a bunch of Creighton fans got to watch WSU advance to a Sweet 16 on their home court?

Good times. I'm seriously not sure if there could be anything better about this day.
    Makes it even sweeter!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      If a win when it counts in a head to head post season matchup on a neutral floor doesn't mean one team is the better team, I don't know what else does unless we are just dealing with "name on the jersey" bias. Part of what defines a better team is showing up when it counts at the end of a season. That's why you play the game. It just is what it is. Sorry your team didn't seize the moment and ours did. That's called being better. The teams that win the games get the titles.
      Good lord, what a silly argument. By that logic, Georgia State is better than Baylor. NC State is better than Villanova. UAB is better than Iowa State. Now, those are all more extreme examples than the game today, but one game is NEVER a good sample size (NEVER!).

My team won today, and you can accept that or not.

But, you're just flat-out wrong if you're going to argue that one game makes a strong case for any relative superiority. It's stupid.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that this "graduate" couldn't name a single on campus building.
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInLawrence View Post
          Good lord, what a silly argument. By that logic, Georgia State is better than Baylor. NC State is better than Villanova. UAB is better than Iowa State. Now, those are all more extreme examples than the game today, but one game is NEVER a good sample size (NEVER!).

But, you're just flat-out wrong if you're going to argue that one game makes a strong case for any relative superiority. It's stupid.
          There's a VERY solid 3-year sample size going on right now. Also, you listed a lot of B12 teams that lost. Interesting.

Comment

In my opinion, Kansas is a better team than we are this year. Almost by definition, then, they have to have an off game. I'm not arguing that they played abysmally and we limped to victory. I'm arguing that they played poorly, due in part to our play and in part to their own failings.

The NCAA tournament is terrible at determining who the best teams in the country are, but it's incredibly good at determining who can seize the moment and play better once. We did that. We're going to do it again next weekend. And then, in all likelihood, we're going to get beaten by UK. They're better than us too. Problem is, they're consistently excellent.
            Just like Dan Dickish, you haven't been paying attention. Today you were given an education. The course work was obviously too advanced. Keep studying and maybe someday you will see.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Just like Dan Dickish, you haven't been paying attention. Today you were given an education. The course work was obviously too advanced. Keep studying and maybe someday you will see.
              KURT just racked up yet another quality loss, but this time to a really tough team!
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I get your point. I'm just saying scoreboard. And I don't know how you can look at one team who was #10/11 and another team who was #14/13 and say that a head to head on a neutral court doesn't determnine the better team. Your point is correct but how does a WSU fan call KU the better team here? In the regular season, this game would propel us past them. Do rankings not matter to you either? KU is just flat the better team regardless?

Comment

There's a VERY solid 3-year sample size going on right now. Also, you listed a lot of B12 teams that lost. Interesting.
                  I mentioned the biggest upsets of the tournament. Nice try.

Comment

I can only assume this quality loss will have KU ranked #1 in the preseason next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      What this win means is that I will enjoy a beer this evening but instead of drinking it out of the bottle as I normally do I will drink this one out of a glass.
                      I did this during the game. Ice cold Shocktop with a slice of orange. I think the Shocktop brought the mojo for us.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        I get your point. I'm just saying scoreboard. And I don't know how you can look at one team who was #10/11 and another team who was #14/13 and say that a head to head on a neutral court doesn't determnine the better team. Your point is correct but how does a WSU fan call KU the better team here? In the regular season, this game would propel us past them. Do rankings not matter to you either? KU is just flat the better team regardless?
                        The important part is that it was "a" head-to-head, not several head-to-heads. Sample size, again. The best one we get in sports is a series, which still isn't great, but it's better than one game. But I'm getting tired of debating these points. I'm ecstatic that we won today, and my feelings about other teams don't matter all that much right now. It's time to celebrate.

Also, rankings do matter (though not as much as more advanced, sophisticated metrics). And if this game had happened with Kansas at #9 and WSU at #14, they would be ranked very closely the following week. My analysis leads me to one conclusion; yours leads you to another. It is okay to disagree.

Comment

This win means two things to me right now, it means Monday is not going to suck and I'm actually looking forward to it.

Two, besides the obvious KU fan, Creighton fans were probably the only other fan base in the nation not rooting for the Shox and I'm so pumped they got a crap burger to eat on their home floor.

Comment

I mentioned the biggest upsets of the tournament. Nice try.
                            Right. B12 teams get beat by low seeds. Interesting.

Maybe these aren't that big of upsets for fans that watch more than 1 league's games during the year.

Comment

one game is NEVER a good sample size (NEVER!).
                              Can you tell that to your coach? I'd love to end that problem.

Comment

Right. B12 teams get beat by low seeds. Interesting.

Maybe these aren't that big of upsets for fans that watch more than 1 league's games during the year.
                                No, man. Iowa State losing to UAB is a big upset by anyone's standards (even though sample size is again a problem). Your argument is pitiful and it reflects a woeful lack of thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X