No announcement yet.

What would a win mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wichita State momentum continues to gather steam and roll.
    Innovation campus explosion in funding and development
    Largest increase in enrollment of any other college in Kansas
    Koch luxury suites
    Koch athletic facility expansion
    Additional leverage in shopping for a new conference
    ... And thousands of future Shocker kids in the state of Kansas that will have posters on their walls of Shockers.
    The Shocker train continues to gather speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      Wichita State momentum continues to gather steam and roll.
      Innovation campus explosion in funding and development
      Largest increase in enrollment of any other college in Kansas
      Koch luxury suites
      Koch athletic facility expansion
      Additional leverage in shopping for a new conference
      ... And thousands of future Shocker kids in the state of Kansas that will have posters on their walls of Shockers.
      The Shocker train continues to gather speed.
      Conference realignment?! ;)
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Fail. This sorta smells like .... @Nightwatchman. Exhibit A.
        Hahahaha, I forgot about that clown. He bailed after that epic meltdown in 2010 when another Valley team sent them out after one.

Maybe it is him and he jinxed it again. Some people will just never learn..

Karma.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

A win today meant we need the give Coach Marshall another raise in pay. He is worth every penny of it!!!!!!! A win today means we need to keep winning and see just how far we can go this Season. A win today means that if Baker returns next Season and we find 1 more solid big, we could have one of those experienced teams that can go very far even knowing we will have Kentucky, The Lakers, the Celtics, and a stacked bracket again. 3G even mentioned the 2 Pro teams in a bracket would not shock him recently to stress the special care the committee goes to in our behalf.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

What this win means is that I will enjoy a beer this evening but instead of drinking it out of the bottle as I normally do I will drink this one out of a glass.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 22, 2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              What this win means is that I will enjoy a beer this evening but instead of drinking it out of the bottle as I normally do I will drink this one out of glass.
              You are decadent.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

What this win means is that I will enjoy a beer this evening but instead of drinking it out of the bottle as I normally do I will drink this one out of a glass.
                Be sure to make it a Dos Equis.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Hell, I don't know what to tell you guys. I've ecstatic that we beat Kansas and added another S16 to this incredible run that is the past few years. I think we match up well with ND, too. Great chance to add another win (or two?) next weekend.

That said, Kansas did not play well today. We played well on the defensive end and made shots when it counted. I don't take anything away from this team. But, at the top of their game, Kansas is a better team than we are. Problem is, they've been laughably inconsistent this year and it was part of their downfall.

I'm not sure why you guys take such offense to that idea. Being realistic and being a fan are NOT incompatible. This team is what it is, and when it plays like it did today, it's capable of beating a lot of really good teams.

You guys can believe me or not, but I've been a fan since I was a kid. I love this year's team. I'm just objective enough to know what it is and what it isn't.

Comment

Actually, and I'm not kidding, it will be a Dunkelweizen. A wheat beer of course. Dunkel being german for "slamming by" and weizen being german from "WheatShockers"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInLawrence View Post
                      Hell, I don't know what to tell you guys. I've ecstatic that we beat Kansas and added another S16 to this incredible run that is the past few years. I think we match up well with ND, too. Great chance to add another win (or two?) next weekend.

That said, Kansas did not play well today. We played well on the defensive end and made shots when it counted. I don't take anything away from this team. But, at the top of their game, Kansas is a better team than we are. Problem is, they've been laughably inconsistent this year and it was part of their downfall.

I'm not sure why you guys take such offense to that idea. Being realistic and being a fan are NOT incompatible. This team is what it is, and when it plays like it did today, it's capable of beating a lot of really good teams.

You guys can believe me or not, but I've been a fan since I was a kid. I love this year's team. I'm just objective enough to know what it is and what it isn't.
                      Just ban this mofo already. Extremely old.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Drink it from the victory chalais, as Gregg Marshall would say!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Do you always make this much of an ass of yourself, or is this rare form?

Comment

Do you always make this much of an ass of yourself, or is this rare form?
                            We tend to side with fans that have been around for awhile when new folks like you come on and in your first month criticize our team.

Maybe you have been a fan since you were a kid. Saying a team we just demolished is better than we are is a pretty odd way to celebrate a sweet 16.

Comment

But, at the top of their game, Kansas is a better team than we are.
                              No, this is not the case. We didn't play at the top of our game either. FVV with 5 turnovers? Nothing but fouls from Shaq? Only 16 min from Darius? And we still win by 13. Coach said we don't need to be perfect. Apparently we don't even need to be at our best.

It will be a scary day for someone when it all clicks at once.

Comment

The part you are missing is that NO TEAMS are on the top of their game when they play WSU. There is a reason for that. WSU does not allow their opponent to play at the top of their game. WSU's game plan is to prevent the opponent from playing the way they want to play.

You're ignoring the Shox success at preventing KU from playing the game they wanted to play. Instead, you're saying that KU had an off game, which shows some failure to understand how WSU plays and diminishes their success at executing a good game plan.

KU's dribblers got cut off from going where they wanted. They picked up the ball and found the guy they expected to pass to was covered, and there was someone sitting in the passing lane for their second option.

It was a little like a quarterback dropping back to pass and finding all the receivers covered. That quarterback isn't going to have his A game.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X