This has to be asked (South Carolina).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goshocks
    http://redelephants.wordpress.com/2008/01/22/south-carolina-coaching-search/

leave the state of Nebraska, what a tool. :lol: :lol:
    Hate to say it, but this doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know, and it doesn't make Marshall any more OR less likely to leave us.

Ultimately the only one who knows if he'll be leaving is him. The rest is speculation and conjecture--nothing more.

Comment

Let's hope Grant takes the job because GM (even with the negatives associated with his first year here) looks head and shoulders above all the rest.

Comment

This is a good message board to follow Gregg Marshall to South Carolina. This guy is loved by half the state. http://southcarolina.rivals.com/foru...=1017&fid=1825

Comment

I was reading the posts on there about the AD wanting to hire a Black coach. Does anyone think that this might be true? If so, I guess we shouldn't worry about anything then.

Comment

Originally posted by mulligan
            This is a good message board to follow Gregg Marshall to South Carolina. This guy is loved by half the state. http://southcarolina.rivals.com/foru...=1017&fid=1825
            I've been watching this forum and one other. There are a handful of Marshall cheerleaders on each, but the feelings on him from everyone else are lukewarm, at best. And for every USC fan I see who wants him, there are about as many that don't.

A lot of the reasoning I see comes down to "he wants to be here and will be here for a long time." If their AD is smart, that will be a ways down the list of criteria.

I really think our poor season is going to work in our favor.

Comment

I also learned an interesting tidbit. USC agreed to a home-and-home with Winthrop. USC beat WU at home, then backed out of the agreement the following year, not wanting to risk a loss at a Big South school.

I wonder if that might have created just a little bit of bad blood?

Comment

HCGM is committed to making this program the best it can be. He is already planning his speeches for every single away win in the Valley next year. I think he hopes that USC will sign someone so everyone will get focused were they need to be focused...on next season.

Comment

According to Sports Sunday last night, HCGM was at the juco Region 6 tourney at Koch Arena furiously taking notes on players. I don't get the impression he is involved in a coaching search at the present time. With our season over, if he were a top target of USC (or any school with a current vacancy), he'd be getting interviewed, not scouting players at a state juco tournament.

Just my $.02.

Comment

I'd imagine if USC were interested in him they wouldn't waste anytime. I'd imagine everyone's timetable will be set by Anthony Grant's schedule.

Comment

Good point, Royal. Does anyone know who was sitting with HCGM at the table during the games on Sunday? Whoever it was (suit and tie) it looked like he was catching some wrath from the coach for a while. Marshall really gets animated (arms waving around) and this poor guy was just sitting there listening for a VERY long time. They sat together through 2 full games. Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                        According to Sports Sunday last night, HCGM was at the juco Region 6 tourney at Koch Arena furiously taking notes on players. I don't get the impression he is involved in a coaching search at the present time. With our season over, if he were a top target of USC (or any school with a current vacancy), he'd be getting interviewed, not scouting players at a state juco tournament.

Just my $.02.
                        I believe “The Bruce” even mentioned that coach Marshall might be getting Carpal Tunnel from writing so much this weekend… he was taking notes like a madman. I think that’s a good sign, but I’m sure some wise guy will see this as a sign of panic.
                        SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by NYshocker
                          Good point, Royal. Does anyone know who was sitting with HCGM at the table during the games on Sunday? Whoever it was (suit and tie) it looked like he was catching some wrath from the coach for a while. Marshall really gets animated (arms waving around) and this poor guy was just sitting there listening for a VERY long time. They sat together through 2 full games. Just curious.
                          Jim Bain?

:D

Comment

I have a chance to go to a camp where ole Boomer will be speaking. Not sure if I'll be able to make it....
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by NYshocker
                              Danny Ainge?
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

It wasn't Jim Bain. However, it COULD have been Ainge. If it was, the Celtics have aged him by about 35 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X