No announcement yet.

Official Selection Show Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...e14532899.html Dont know if this has been posted but will post again if it has. That being said lets get by Indiana first
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      It could definitely happen.

KU fans are basically saying that WSU is gonna overlook IU for them, but it appears they've already whited out NMSU on their bracket sheets. NMSU has a legit chance in that one. KU isn't good enough to cakewalk over them. That's for damn sure.
      Oh how quickly they have forgotten that they struggled against last year's 15 seed Eastern Kentucky. This is an even better 15 seed. Best of luck, blue chickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        Uh, why are watching channel 12?
        I have this ongoing issue with my DirecTv box where it "locks" up and it got stuck on 12 for like a minute when I was trying to channel down to 10 and 3. That little bug has been annoying, but this is the last straw.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I have this ongoing issue with my DirecTv box where it "locks" up and it got stuck on 12 for like a minute when I was trying to channel down to 10 and 3. That little bug has been annoying, but this is the last straw.
          :good:
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Does KU have anything to gain now? I'm looking forward to a full week of squirming KU fans at work and on social media now that they may have to play the game.

Comment

• yea the Oklahoma as a three is really crazy, I know they had some good wins, but they still had 10 losses and lost to Creighton, I think we have a nice opportunity to take out a few Names and advance to the Sweet Sixteen....

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...e14532899.html Dont know if this has been posted but will post again if it has. That being said lets get by Indiana first
                Nice read. Thanks!
                Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                  Uh, why are watching channel 12?
                  I have agree with bad English friend

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                    12 top 50 wins
                    So. And I ask this in all due respect HenryMuto as I respect your knowledge (seriously)...but if Wichita St. out of the Missouri Valley conference finished 22-10 with 12 top-50 wins...LOST 10 games during the season...finished 3rd in conference play NOT winning the Missouri Valley Conference...do you think Wichita St. would get an "at-large" invite to the Big Dance??? Let alone a 3 seed???

I know you will remind me that the MVC is a much lower rated conference than the Big-12 and I'll simply hang up and listen...
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Deleted due to technical snafu.
                      Last edited by Shocker-maniac; March 15, 2015, 11:56 PM.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• In his Midwest Region Preview, Gary Parrish picks the Shocks to beat KU and be in an elite 8 showdown with Kentucky.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ta-state-again
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Sunday dispensation post for the week: Woo hoo!

(a) How in the world did WSU (BPI #13 -- and yes, I know the mighty committee doesn't officially look at BPI, although its members can educate themselves for their eye tests however they want) fall to a 7 seed?

(b) Thank you for giving the Shocks that #7 seed, and making it in Omaha, Selection Committee (as opposed to a more justifiable #6 in Pittsburgh or a #5 in Columbus). Thank you, thank you, thank you.

(c) If they don't forget to play against NMSU, the Chickenhawks will be waiting Sunday. All you can ask for is a chance, and here it is -- assuming you you do your job against Indiana, that is (talk about a couple of big names lined up). So now just go out and take advantage of it, guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                            http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...e14532899.html Dont know if this has been posted but will post again if it has. That being said lets get by Indiana first
                            Here we go again. I may have to impose a two week moratorium in listening to local radio. The key words in that article: condascending and affirming.

I hope the Aggies win and we roll the Hoosiers, and even if we play KU and beat them, the sweetest sound of all would be deafening silence from our side. Affirmation, my ass.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Historical bracket and (potential) path:

All time NCAA wins: #10, #2, #9, #1.

All time NCAA tournament appearances: #7, #4, #10, #1 (with many other top 25s waiting in the midst)

National Titles: 19 (all teams)

Final Fours: 59 (New Mexico State has as many as Notre Dame)

To say our collective hands are full would be a significant understatement.

PLAY ANGRY, LET'S GO.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Historical bracket and (potential) path:

All time NCAA wins: #10, #2, #9, #1.

All time NCAA tournament appearances: #7, #4, #10, #1 (with many other top 25s waiting in the midst)

National Titles: 19 (all teams)

Final Fours: 59 (New Mexico State has as many as Notre Dame)

To say our collective hands are full would be a significant understatement.

PLAY ANGRY, LET'S GO.
                                Yes, but it's really tough to carry all those banners and trophies around with you.. tends to slow you down...

whose hands are full now? :-)
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X