No announcement yet.

Official Selection Show Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, dude, go back and tell those on your board that the winner of the game Friday night will remain our coach next year.

Comment

• Bilas just picked us to the elite 8

Comment

• Cant link, but the WSJ has our game as their best first round game.

I like WSU being relevant.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
          Hey, dude, go back and tell those on your board that the winner of the game Friday night will remain our coach next year.
          Does that mean if we win you have to take Crean from us?? Not sure you'd want that, sir.

Comment

• Jay says KU not ducking WSU. Jay picks WSU to beat KU and face Kentucky in Midwest finals. Jay pissing off just about everybody in Kansas except those in Manhattan trying to figure out how to keep Bill Snyder alive another 25 years.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Actually, if Gregg were to leave, I wouldn't mind Crean.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                Northern Iowa's entire offense runs through their post. That's not a similar style at all. That would only be similar if you took Tuttle off their team and had Washpun driving/kicking out primarily, rather than the inside-out offense they run through Tuttle. In other words ... that's probably Northern Iowa next year.
                UNI plays with 4 out and 1 in quite a bit, and their 5 will move outside frequently. They like to drive and dish the ball and they have a lot of guys who shoot the 3 extremely well. They play a lot of ball screen offense and like to drive and dish. In that way they are similar. Nobody quite plays like Indiana, but we have faced a team that shoots the three well from all over and plays a lot of perimeter guys who like to draw the defense and kick the ball out to the open man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuhoo View Post
                  Does that mean if we win you have to take Crean from us?? Not sure you'd want that, sir.
                  You don't deserve Crean but you can't have Marshall. We put the "Franchise" tag on Gregg.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Who does Creighton cheer for? Indiana or WSU? NMSU or KU?
                    Oregon.

Comment

• 1:45pm tip on Friday.

You guys better have your illnesses ready to go to get out of work early.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• From CBS Gary Parrish

1. We might get Kansas-Wichita State in the Round of 32

I've never been one who believes the selection committee manipulates the bracket to create certain matchups, if only because once I started actually putting together mock brackets years ago I realized quickly that you'll always have possible fascinating matchups based on little more than the sheer number of teams involved. So is a likely Kansas-Wichita State matchup in the Round of 32 a result of bracket manipulation? No, I don't think so. But, man, that's the please-make-it-happen matchup of the opening weekend given how the Kansas-Wichita State scheduling situation has literally made headlines over the past few years, and Bill Self and Gregg Marshall have even gone back and forth publicly about it. (Simply put, Wichita State wants to play Kansas; KU has no interest for obvious reasons.) So with all due respect to Indiana and New Mexico State, it would be cool if you guys just got out of the way and let us have Kansas vs. Wichita State in Omaha.
                        2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                        2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                        2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                        2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                        The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post
                          UNI plays with 4 out and 1 in quite a bit, and their 5 will move outside frequently. They like to drive and dish the ball and they have a lot of guys who shoot the 3 extremely well. They play a lot of ball screen offense and like to drive and dish. In that way they are similar. Nobody quite plays like Indiana, but we have faced a team that shoots the three well from all over and plays a lot of perimeter guys who like to draw the defense and kick the ball out to the open man.
                          Yes. Tuttle played outside the 3 pt circle a lot. That's why we started game 2 with Wessel on him. However, Yogi is the quickest PG we've faced. While we love transition we also don't like to lose possessions on turnovers. Fred is the best tempo setting PG in college.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                            @BruceHaertl: Not putting cart before the horse but I wonder what kind of scouting report Conner Frankamp could provide the shockers #intriguing
                            Whoa.

Comment

• Some numbers to chew on:

While Indiana is #10 in Kenpom's adjusted offense, they are #216 in adjusted defense. For perspective, the only teams WSU has faced all year with worse adjusted defense are Drake and Loyola Marymount. Here are the adjusted defense ranks of opponents in WSU's 4 losses - #8, #16, #63, and #74.

Indiana is #302 in the nation in opponent FG%, allowing 45.5%. In addition, they don't have a whole lot of shot blocking, ranking #198 in the nation in blocks per game.

On offense, Indiana relies heavily on the 3. They rank #21 in the nation in 3-point attempts and #9 in makes per game. On the other hand, WSU has done a good job running opponents off the 3-point line, ranking #21 in opponent 3-point attempts, although our 3-point percentage defense is not spectacular at 34.3% (#183 in the nation).
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• If anyone knows the game time for Sunday, I would be grateful for the help. Trying to plan travel via mobile and have seen times beyond Thursday/Friday yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X