Official Selection Show Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    Big 12 gets 3 number 3s? Excuse me while I vacate my stomach.
    We will see how many survive the first weekend...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Compare us to the #6 seed in our region, Butler. There is a reason we got the 7 seed. After all, Butler was #14 RPI to our #31, and beat us in KenPom #13 to #22. And they're ranked 10 spots higher than us in the AP Poll and have been all year. And they really pushed their OOC SOS at #48, while we slacked off with #135. And on an individual basis, they have players up for multiple PoY awards at their position. And they've proven themselves against tournament teams all year round with a 7-4 record against the top 100, while we have gone just 8-10.

Oh wait, that is all flipped around. There are virtually no reasons to have Butler over us. But on the other hand, Indiana probably shouldn't even be in the dance. Would bet decent money that we were matched up against Indiana as a 5-12 or 6-11 game, and got moved to the 7-10 match so we could have a second round match against KU. Similarly a couple years ago when we went to the Final Four we got a pretty generous seed in the 8/9 matchup when many expected a 10 or 11 and Pittsburgh was supposed to be a 6 or 7. They gave us credit for our injury struggles with a higher seed, but put us against the same opponent.

Comment

Oh, one more thing. If you're under .500 in conference (hell, maybe even .500 exactly), no at-large (Texas, OK St., I'm lookin' at you).

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          They seem to love putting Kentucky in our bracket.
          Geographic. Preference.

Midwest. Bracket.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

The committee just gets worse and worse IMO. The seeding sucks. UCLA getting in is indefensible.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Maybe 'Bad Decisions Rob Lowe' put this bracket together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                The 7 seed is a complete Dis. Essentially the committee doesn't have us in their top 24 teams, despite the fact that we have been there all year with those who vote. You don't think something is going on there? I hope we're motivated by that but its getting ridiculous. Texas in the tournament? The Big 12 and their seedings? We need to give Kentucky their first F%$#*ing loss!
                If we beat Kentucky there's going to be a Disney movie about us.
                Livin the dream

Comment

You tell em, Dickie V.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ill be writing a long post about this edition of the selection committee.

HORRIBLE!! A total embarrassment.

Comment

• Who does Creighton cheer for? Indiana or WSU? NMSU or KU?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        You tell em, Dickie V.
                        What did he say? Sorry, I'm watching this fool from the committee try to explain UCLA

Comment

• All we have to do is beat Indiana, Kansas, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Wisconsin/Arizona and Villanova/Virginia and we're National Champs!
                          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• The interviews with the committee chairman are worthless. Every year the guy says less than a politician.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                              hoosier fans:

wichita state, much to our rabid shocker fans regret, starts a 6'7" center and a 6'4" power forward. ugghh.. gregg marshall, unusually for him, got caught a bit short there, on the frontline. what can we expect from the indiana frontline?

any info about the hoosier frontline, indiana fans? did you play kentucky this year?
                              Indiana only has one guy over 6'7" playing 8+ minutes this year: Hanner Mosquera-Perea at 6'9", averaging 6.6 PPG, 4.3 RPG, and <20 MPG.

We match up pretty well with Indiana on a size standpoint.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Scott Barnes... you're fired..
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X