ILS Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
    Why the hell do you let 10 seconds run off before fouling ? I get trying for the steal at the first attempt but too much time let to run off now
    So much this.

Comment

• Go Loyola and OU.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        We got out coached on that last inbounds. Gotta foul rather than go for a steal. Ran off 10 seconds.
        How about the inbounds prior?

Comment

• Ill St deserved it.

They made great plays in the 2nd half.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• 100% guarantee Illinois State takes a giant dump on the floor tomorrow and loses by 20 to UNI. God I hate St. Louis. WSU is unbelievably snakebit in St. Louis, last year's MVC tourney notwithstanding. Say hello to a five seed and being a trendy upset pick (though how a team with four losses is a five seed is beyond me).

Comment

• Team plays zone
              Team keys on Baker
              We lose our offensive flow and stand around
              We let team get ahead of us and lose.

Except for line 4, I think I've seen this before. Today we didn't get lucky.

Better fix this or will be cooked in the tourney.

Comment

• Why, when we went zone, were Darius and Bush, or Darius and Shaq, on the floor at the same time? Darius let Knight load up and shoot the 3 when we were up at the end. He obviously didn't understand the situation.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                  Why the hell do you let 10 seconds run off before fouling ? I get trying for the steal at the first attempt but too much time let to run off now
                  The way I saw it, it looked like the first 5-7 secs were trying to steal, but they just ended up out of position the next few seconds. But I'm no expert and only saw it once.

On top of that, ISUr was very good from the FT stripe today.

Comment

• **** St. Louis

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                      We were trying to foul.
                      it look to me as if we were trying to steal not foul.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Couldn't suck more. So disappointed

Comment

• The biggest between our zone and IlSt's zone.....they ran their offense. We stood around.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            We didn't deserve to win today.

Like someone else said, their A game beat our D game.
                            I don't know if it was quite our D game but I agree we did not deserve to win today. 4-18 from 3 point range. Shots outscored by 13 points at the free throw line. ILS was 17-20 while the Shocks were a bad 4-8. Did not get to the line and did not knock them down when we got there.

Comment

• Well guys, we've now lost 2 of our last 41 MVC games. Who wants to start the doomsday thread?

I really don't think I mind having this loss simmer in the guys' stomachs prior to the tournament. Recent experience tells me that Final Fours and MVC Tournament Championships are mutually exclusive.

Comment

• Not sure what the committee will do but if you dig deep in your resume it's not a good thing. 1 top 45 RPI win over Northern Iowa at home. Next best win a home win over Tulsa RPI 47 at the moment.

Wins against Seton Hall, Memphis, Alabama are all wins that are solid but their RPI's are in the 80's and none are tourney teams.

Might be looking at a 6 seed but maybe your reputation can get you a 5 seed.
                                2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                                2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                                2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                                2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                                The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

Working...
                                X