No announcement yet.

ILS Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I rarely comment on the officiating, but these refs let this game get too physical and then refused to call contact on our drives. The Fred foul on the steal and the trip called on Baker were imaginary fouls.

And ShockRef, if you don't agree, then you're blind, just like every other ref.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• 1. Illinois State had potential and they lived up to it that game. Props to him.

2. We could not solve their zone.

3. If we have a big game, I don't want John Higgins anywhere near it. Illinois State in 2012, Gonzaga, and now this game. He's terrible.

Comment

• This city is cursed.
        The Assman

Comment

• This bites. Here is what is worse. If UNI wins, we have to go for the money in the Valley and the Redbirds need to win. We were much better the 1st half. Silver lining? The Season we went to the Final 4 we found a way to win even though we were not seeded very high. When we were seeded number 1 after an undefeated Season, we had the hardest bracket of all time before and the hardest bracket for a number 1 seed ever could imagine in the future. Thus, we will still expect a tough bracket but could this be the better route to where we want to go? Stay tuned.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
            How about the inbounds prior?
            i am was trying to keep it a glass half full. :)
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
              No
              yes
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• When did Ron get his 13th point? How many shots did he take after that? Sometimes you've got to be a little selfish.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by RyneSandberg View Post
                  100% guarantee Illinois State takes a giant dump on the floor tomorrow and loses by 20 to UNI. God I hate St. Louis. WSU is unbelievably snakebit in St. Louis, last year's MVC tourney notwithstanding. Say hello to a five seed and being a trendy upset pick (though how a team with four losses is a five seed is beyond me).
                  How much did UNI win by today? I missed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    it look to me as if we were trying to steal not foul.
                    Yes, until half court.

I agree we weren't trying to foul immediately, but the problem was not fouling quickly when we didn't get the turn over.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                      Not sure what the committee will do but if you dig deep in your resume it's not a good thing. 1 top 45 RPI win over Northern Iowa at home. Next best win a home win over Tulsa RPI 47 at the moment.

Wins against Seton Hall, Memphis, Alabama are all wins that are solid but their RPI's are in the 80's and none are tourney teams.

Might be looking at a 6 seed but maybe your reputation can get you a 5 seed.
                      I'd prefer a 6 seed. I do not want to be a 4/5 seed in Kentucky's region.

Also, if Illinois State beats UNI tomorrow, they're a top 50 RPI team. Which adds two top 50 wins to our resume. Which shows how silly arbitrary RPI cutoffs can be, when our resume technically improves by losing.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                        Not sure what the committee will do but if you dig deep in your resume it's not a good thing. 1 top 45 RPI win over Northern Iowa at home. Next best win a home win over Tulsa RPI 47 at the moment.

Wins against Seton Hall, Memphis, Alabama are all wins that are solid but their RPI's are in the 80's and none are tourney teams.

Might be looking at a 6 seed but maybe your reputation can get you a 5 seed.
                        I agree in large part, but top 45 is really arbitrary when top 50 is a common criteria. The downside is fewer losses to bad teams, today notwithstanding.

Comment

• I would like to correct myself. Earlier I was talking about Marshall not liking the 2-3 zone and how we lost to it before. That was the 1-3-1 zone from GW I was thinking about. My bad.

Comment

• And the loss sucks, and I detest most of the IlSt online fanbase, but I really like watching their team ... they're a fun, athletic team. And hell, this moves us closer to IlSt actually be able to claim a real rivalry with us. Great, fun game, and props to them. We didn't make the plays we needed to, and we break down against the zone consistently.

We're making the tournament with a good seed either way. Hope IlSt can beat UNI tomorrow and give us a third team while breaking into the top 50 RPI.
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                              When did Ron get his 13th point? How many shots did he take after that? Sometimes you've got to be a little selfish.
                              Ron scored all 13 points in the 1st half. He was 0-5 from the field in the 2nd half. Including 0-4 from behind the arc.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                How much did UNI win by today? I missed it.
                                65-62

Comment

Working...
                                X