No announcement yet.

ILS Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All in all I would say the lack of a strong inside presence is our biggest weakness. No big revalation there. Shaq coming around helped some but we are still a long ways away from being the team we need to be.

We'll have to get our 30 this year the hard way.
    Last edited by wusphlash; March 7, 2015, 04:42 PM.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• The worst thing about this loss is having two wait almost two weeks for the next game!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
        And the loss sucks, and I detest most of the IlSt online fanbase, but I really like watching their team ... they're a fun, athletic team. And hell, this moves us closer to IlSt actually be able to claim a real rivalry with us.
        You might get your wish. ILS only graduates Knight, Jones and Stawarz. http://www.goredbirds.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

The Redbirds are a pretty young team. Lynch is only a sophomore.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• FVV made a great clean steal and got a whistle on him. 4 point swing right there. Lot's of throws for them and they made lots of them. The Redbirds had the 'eye of the tiger mentality', especially in the 2nd half. Here is what I think. These Shockers bounce back great from the few losses we have had. Nice motivation for us now to have the "eye of the tiger" no matter who we play come Dance time. Our strength is indeed at positions 1,2, and 3. Everybody there will know that and be prepared. Thus, we need Carter and Shaq to shine along with our bench if we want to keep on dancing until the cows come home.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
            The worst thing about this loss is having two wait almost two weeks for the next game!
            I was actually thinking the Shocks look like maybe an extra day of rest vs playing another tough game is actually not that bad a thing. No way of really knowing for sure though.

It certainly hasn't hurt us the past two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
              I tend not to hate your posts. Even the "Woe is Kentucky" posts when UK is down 1 point 5 minutes into a game.

Get off our board trying to tell us our resume doesn't have any good wins after we lose to a good ISUr team playing the game of their lives.

Feel free to insult our team in a few days, but I just can't believe a real person in the world has the nerve to post on another team's board minutes after a loss like you did. At least everyone around here are actual fans. Pick enough teams to like and one of 'em is guaranteed to win the championship every year.
              I like Henry, but here's the difference. On this board we live and die yellow and black, Henry roots for 5 teams so can always optimistic because he always has at least 1 team to root for. It's tough to hear his unbiased side after a loss because it hurts us. As a casual fan it only stings him a little.
              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                You might get your wish. ILS only graduates Knight, Jones and Stawarz. http://www.goredbirds.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

The Redbirds are a pretty young team. Lynch is only a sophomore.
                I think the Redbirds will be better next year, but Knight did have 25 of their 65 today.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                  The worst thing about this loss is having two wait almost two weeks for the next game!
                  That's actually the one nice thing I can say about the MVC. The two weeks we have to get healthy will be BIG. Marshall said in the post-game interview that he had been diagnosed with pneumonia for the past 48. And today was a physical game at the end of a long season.

Comment

• Here's my take fwiw:
                    Decent first half but that zone killed us, we couldn't drive, we missed open looks and we were out rebounded and out played physically.
                    If we meet a team in the NCAAs that runs zone we might be in trouble, we looked lost and confused passing it back and forth on the three point line.
                    The officiating was TERRIBLE! 20 free throws to 8?! You kidding me?
                    That being said, ill state out played us. They hit their frees we didn't. They drove the lane we couldn't.
                    It super sucks for fans here in the Lou that just dumped a ton of money for that shitty game like myself. However, this game will motivate this team through the tourney and hopefully gets us into the 2nd and 3rd weekend and beyond!
                    I remember after losing to creighton in '13 and felt so down in the dumps. Then came the tourney and I didn't feel too bad after that. I will stay optimistic because I love this team, this coach and this city!
                    Go Shox!

@rjl:
                    If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                      I like Henry, but here's the difference. On this board we live and die yellow and black, Henry roots for 5 teams so can always optimistic because he always has at least 1 team to root for. It's tough to hear his unbiased side after a loss because it hurts us. As a casual fan it only stings him a little.
                      Henry roots for four teams "passionately" and about 100 others "casually" the way he "roots" for us

Butler Green Bay North Dakota State Davidson all from the first google page if you google "HenryMuto"

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                        I think the Redbirds will be better next year, but Knight did have 25 of their 65 today.
                        they will be losing

27 points
                        7 rebounds
                        2 steals
                        1 assist
                        4 turnovers
                        1 foul

between the 4 seniors (only 2 played)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                          The MVC title game will have the smallest crowd of all time tomorrow. Sorry Stl, a $1m just left town.
                          I don't think WSU's fans are that rich. If we would have had 10,000 fans at the game tomorrow, each fan would still have t spend $100 a pop just to get it to $1 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                            Some weaknesses cannot be fixed.
                            a. Post defense
                            b. Bench scoring
                            c. Bench minutes
                            d. Weak free throw percentage
                            e. Post defenders' excessive fouls

If I was Coach Rio, I would play Zach, until his wheels fell off.

There are some plays, which just are not working for us.
                            I disagree with d. It's a huge concern. But if we hit our throws today we win. We can do that. We will recover. Our biggest issue is 4/5. Period. We need Shaq to continue to improve.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              I don't think WSU's fans are that rich. If we would have had 10,000 fans at the game tomorrow, each fan would still have t spend $100 a pop just to get it to $1 million.
                              Probably, still a chunk of change when considering tickets, food, rooms, booze etc.

Comment

• 50 bucks just for lunch and drinks today, 2 drinks at 9 bucks a piece at scottrade. 1 drink a piece for my wife and so far at foxmidwest for 6 bucks. I'm already at 80 bucks right now. It's a ton of money leaving tomorrow

@rjl:

Comment

Working...
                                X