No announcement yet.

WSU VERSUS UNI PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, you're telling me a regular season championship over the course of 18 games is not one of UNI's goals and it doesn't matter as much as a 3-day get-hot show in St. Louis, especially considering both teams are dancing regardless what happens? Are you sure you aren't a Creighton fan?

I just love how we have to have everything go wrong for UNI in order for us to "have a chance" in this one. If you think this game is going to have any sort of resemblance of the last game the two teams met, well, you're seriously underestimating several factors.

UNI is a good team. But WSU is a pretty good team as well. I don't think a few Panther fans understand how different January 31st is going to be from February 28th.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

obviously both teams are very good, but WSU is slightly better. The first meeting was an outlier that will not be repeated. It will be a war but WSU wins,
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Wait, you're telling me a regular season championship over the course of 18 games is not one of UNI's goals and it doesn't matter as much as a 3-day get-hot show in St. Louis, especially considering both teams are dancing regardless what happens? Are you sure you aren't a Creighton fan?

I just love how we have to have everything go wrong for UNI in order for us to "have a chance" in this one. If you think this game is going to have any sort of resemblance of the last game the two teams met, well, you're seriously underestimating several factors.

UNI is a good team. But WSU is a pretty good team as well. I don't think a few Panther fans understand how different January 31st is going to be from February 28th.
        I'm sure winning the conference title is a goal, but originally when they made their goals, I would guess winning at WSU was not on most of them. So losing wouldn't be as heartbreaking. Of course they want to win, but i doubt it was a GOAL. Plus this senior class as some have mentioned in another thread that they haven't won a game yet in St. Louis...so nothing is a given. I'm betting winning a game in STL was a goal, and winning on Saturday in STL was a goal.

As for the game itself..I'm sure it will be different in a few ways (hopefully not the outcome!). I'm a realist and a coach...I know factors that can happen..It's college though, and you aren't going to see toooooo much difference in one game from the next. Small adjustments, but nothing substantial. So to say that this meeting will be completely different than last is quite false. Both teams will run the exact same offenses and will likely play the same defenses, maybe with some wrinkles and matchups being different. In the end, it'll just be who can make shots. I'm not saying UNI is going to win, I'd probably bet the spread but thats about it. Don't be like Cyclown peeps and think you are almighty and the whole world changes just because the game is at WSU now. I have great respect for the Shox program, HCGM and his staff. I was lucky enough to listen to him speak twice in coaching conventions here in Texas. He specifically gave away gameplans (Louisville, etc). Like all coaches, very predictable over the course of a season, Jacobsen included. Again, I'm just here for a rational conversation. I look forward to a great game and cheering both teams on in March. Hopefully the refs don't ruin the fun atmosphere and game flow. Although if you want a very well reffed game, gimme Higgins and Hightower (even though i hate both).

Comment

If winning the conference title was a goal (which it no doubt was) than winning at Wichita is part of that goal at this point. They don't win in Wichita they don't achieve the goal if winning the conference. Same can be said of the Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            If winning the conference title was a goal (which it no doubt was) than winning at Wichita is part of that goal at this point. They don't win in Wichita they don't achieve the goal if winning the conference. Same can be said of the Shocks.
            well yes...true, but these goals were made at the beginning of the season, and typically altered throughout the year or added onto. That was my point. I'd venture to guess that undefeated home record was one, and once they won against WSU the first time, they may have added winning a WSU onto the list. but orginally it was not on there. And there was also no way to know the title would come down to this.

Comment

Originally posted by purrrrrfect View Post
              well yes...true
              Thank you.

Comment

you're welcome. glad you could agree with me.

Comment

Has anyone heard if any recruiting prospects will be at the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                    Has anyone heard if any recruiting prospects will be at the game?
                    I think Landry Shamet said he would be there.

I would think Eric Hamilton would be there also if Sunrise is in town and not playing. Not sure what their schedule is.

Comment

I bet he will. I saw him at the Evansville game. But I was curious about any visitors that have not already signed with WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                        I bet he will. I saw him at the Evansville game. But I was curious about any visitors that have not already signed with WSU.
                        preferably someone 6'10" who is big , can bang and be a presence!:)

Not too much to ask, is it?

Comment

This game will be slow and physical. Both teams play at a snails pace. I expect both defenses to bring their A games. Points will be hard to find. UNI seems to be a better shooting team and affecting opponents field goal % than WSU. WSU seems to be slightly better at just about every other thing. It is crazy how evenly matched these teams are. This game will be very close, but I give the edge to WSU because of the home court bump. My guess is this game comes down to who is hotter from 3 land.

WSU - 56
                          UNI - 53

Comment

I'm sure winning the conference title is a goal, but originally when they made their goals, I would guess winning at WSU was not on most of them. So losing wouldn't be as heartbreaking. Of course they want to win, but i doubt it was a GOAL. Plus this senior class as some have mentioned in another thread that they haven't won a game yet in St. Louis...so nothing is a given. I'm betting winning a game in STL was a goal, and winning on Saturday in STL was a goal.

As for the game itself..I'm sure it will be different in a few ways (hopefully not the outcome!). I'm a realist and a coach...I know factors that can happen..It's college though, and you aren't going to see toooooo much difference in one game from the next. Small adjustments, but nothing substantial. So to say that this meeting will be completely different than last is quite false. Both teams will run the exact same offenses and will likely play the same defenses, maybe with some wrinkles and matchups being different. In the end, it'll just be who can make shots. I'm not saying UNI is going to win, I'd probably bet the spread but thats about it. Don't be like Cyclown peeps and think you are almighty and the whole world changes just because the game is at WSU now. I have great respect for the Shox program, HCGM and his staff. I was lucky enough to listen to him speak twice in coaching conventions here in Texas. He specifically gave away gameplans (Louisville, etc). Like all coaches, very predictable over the course of a season, Jacobsen included. Again, I'm just here for a rational conversation. I look forward to a great game and cheering both teams on in March. Hopefully the refs don't ruin the fun atmosphere and game flow. Although if you want a very well reffed game, gimme Higgins and Hightower (even though i hate both).
                            What's your coaching record?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm a smug a hole who wrote a book on here trying to act like I wan't to have rational conversation but came across as a tool
                              yep

Comment

Wish we could get Seventh Woods and Tony Bradley in for this game!!!
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X