• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wears the Lakers' color -- 64
    Cut down the Lakers' nets -- 68
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      One factor...crowd. I'm pretty sure UNI has not been this type of environment this year. They are VERY good, but I think the Shockers, with deafening noise behind them, win by 8.
      Needs to Iowa '81 noise...

and equal effort from the team...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        Needs to Iowa '81 noise...

and equal effort from the team...
        Ah, the '81 Iowa noise'...fact or fiction????
        FACT...I WAS THERE!!!

Got to bring it like THAT day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
          Wichita State - 98
          Northern Iowa - 93
          Final/OT
          With the way these two teams play defense that would probably take 4 overtimes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            With the way these two teams play defense that would probably take 4 overtimes.
            I'm down for that. Would eliminate the GameDay portion from up North.

Comment

Sadly I have to miss this game (our only game I have missed in 8 years). I hope you guys cheer for me. For the game, if we can contain Tuttle then I like our chances. I do think Baker and FVV will play flawless.

Shox 62
              UNI 60
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

WSU - 58 UNI - 47

Comment

I hope Shocker fans put as much energy into honoring Tekele and Darius after the UNI game (regardless of the outcome of the game) as they do with College GameDay.

Tekele, the winningest Shocker ever and who will be the 1st to play in 4 NCAA Tournaments, in particular deserves a GameDay worthy send-off. The strong, silent guy who has been content to let others have the limelight.

Darius has also been a very valuable member of two teams that at this point are a combined 61-4 in his 2 years.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 26, 2015, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Going with a single digit win on this one - 66-61 Shox. Hopefully Ron's shooting touch is back, the crowd boosts the players when needed or just keeps them going when there's a lead, and we get refs who are more interested in a good game rather than being in the spotlight on national TV.

Comment

Don't let Washpun go left. And if he goes right, watch out because he's going to try to go back left. Seriously. That was the real problem in the first game. Luckily, it is also a correctable issue.

Comment

As long as we can stop the pick and roll this time around, we should be good.
                        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Adjustments will be made from last game. That's a certainty.

It's also a certainty that UNI will not shoot 800% from 3 and 940% from the field like they did last month too. Seth Tuttle will also not go off for 29 either.

I just don't see a way this team, behind this incredible atmosphere, will let this one slip away. Too much going for them here. They live for this ****. The crowd won't let it happen either. If UNI comes in here for a Valley title, with College Gameday, and ends our 31-game home court winning streak, then they will have deserved it.

I'm putting out the real possibility that we win this one by double-digits. We aren't 16 points worse than Northern Iowa. We also aren't 16 points better than Northern Iowa. But the latter is a possibility in our home den with everything on the line, just like what happened up there.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm gonna jump in on this one. And remember, I called both WSU/ISU games within TWO points! So, obviously, I know what I'm doing...:abnormal:

The Shocks take this one by 11. Close game until the last 5 minutes. Then the crowd and Ron Baker's push offs take over. (Sorry, couldn't resist...:biggrin-new: )

Shockers win the regular season. St. Louis should be interesting. I just want to stay out of your side of the bracket...

Comment

prediction

Panthers at the buzzer 59-57. Rematch 8 days later...

Its 10 guys vs 6 guys, thats the difference. Your crowd can't be on the floor or give your starters a break.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                                Panthers at the buzzer 59-57. Rematch 8 days later...

Its 10 guys vs 6 guys, thats the difference. Your crowd can't be on the floor or give your starters a break.
                                You're in the wrong part of town boy...

Comment

Working...
                                X