WSU VERSUS UNI PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS UNI PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Here's the deal. Both teams have played great this Season in the Valley to set the stage. Both are highly ranked, play very tenacious defense, and both have team depth. What a huge game with lots at stake. Lots of basketball fans everywhere will be watching such a game. The Valley Ship will be at stake on our Senior Day. We have a home winning streak to continue. Every Panther has it's day but they already had theirs. They would love to rain panthers and dawgs on our parade. This game has been building like a pressure cooker ready to blow sky high. Now it's nitty gritty time and the Shocks will prevail by 7 points. Baker will score 22, FVV will have 11 assists, and Carter will snag 11 rebounds. We will hold Tuttle to a mild roar as our overall defense guides us to the win with Cotton leading the way.

WSU-- 65

UNI----58
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 25, 2015, 08:42 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Wichita State - 98
    Northern Iowa - 93
    Final/OT
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

What a fantastic way to end the season. This is the kind of game you play out a thousand times in your driveway as a little kid.

#11 Wichita State 67
      #10 Northern Iowa 63

Comment

I like being ranked 11th and only Shockers are allowed to cut nets at 21st and Hillside. This is such an exciting time for our Program and the Valley. The bright lights are welcomed like the fresh fragrance after a spring rain. It will be interesting what Vegas has to say about their line on this epic matchup.
        Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 25, 2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I have watched quite a few UNI games, including the game tonight.

1. We have to defend #10 with one man. If not, we are cooked. We cannot effectively defend four with three players.
          2. We have to make drivers or passers out of their perimeter players. The Panthers are an excellent 3 ball shooting team. Six players shoot 39.3% or better from 3.
          3. #4 and #14 are killers.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

WSU74
            UNI 68
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              I have watched quite a few UNI games, including the game tonight.

1. We have to defend #10 with one man. If not, we are cooked. We cannot effectively defend four with three players.
              2. We have to make drivers or passers out of their perimeter players. The Panthers are an excellent 3 ball shooting team. Six players shoot 39.3% or better from 3.

3. #4 and #14 are killers.
              Their defense reminds me lots of ours. It seems their 2nd squad can drain 3 pointers also. They have 8-9 solid 3 point shooters. Even so, when our Shocks shake and bake with home cooking, we will be rocking and the win will have to be earned which is what our Shocks do. Let's hope the refs don't go for the flops that they will try all day long.

Comment

Factoring in tonight's results, KenPom gives the Shockers a 65% chance of winning on Saturday.

Comment

Kind of like Creighton from the past - except they play defense. We need to keep a good rotation of guys on Tuttle; maybe sub Bush W in for defense every so often just to keep Carter and Morris out of foul trouble. They are due for a cold shooting night; it's our turn to be unstoppable this game.

Comment

We are going to have to play a lot better to beat NI.

Defense and rebounding were strong tonight, but frankly, other than Shaq, our bench is almost non-existent.

Comment

These are the players that we have to slow down to a mild roar. Tuttle, Mitchell, Singleton, Washpun (he played very tough against us last time), and Buss. Lohaus is a Freshman that already plays well. In our last encounter, their second 5 whom includes some I just mentioned, also played well against us. With that said, while it seems to be close, the Shocks play tough at home and have the edge and the MTXE needed to win all the marbles. Our bigs need to be on their game without fouling much and we know our 3-headed monsta will be in full force.
                      Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 26, 2015, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Nail biter whether we win by 2 or 20..

W..
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

One factor...crowd. I'm pretty sure UNI has not been this type of environment this year. They are VERY good, but I think the Shockers, with deafening noise behind them, win by 8.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                            One factor...crowd. I'm pretty sure UNI has not been this type of environment this year.
                            I'm pretty sure that most teams have not faced an environment like what Koch will be on Saturday. Koch is always a great environment, but Saturday will be something special.

Comment

Comparison from StatSheet

As mentioned above, KenPom shows 65% chance to win, 58-55.
                              RealTime has 54% chance and a score of 68-66.

http://
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                              X