WSU VERSUS UNI PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
    Panthers at the buzzer 59-57. Rematch 8 days later...

Its 10 guys vs 6 guys, thats the difference. Your crowd can't be on the floor or give your starters a break.
    I know everyone talks about how deep UNI is (and I admit that they are deep), but their bench was essentially a non-factor in the game against us. Washpun came off the bench, but he played more than any of their starters in that game. He almost always plays more than their starting pg. Other than Washpun, their bench scored 8 and ours scored 7. Sure, their bench outscored ours by a bunch if you include Washpun, but I just don't think that's a realistic comparison. Washpun should be included in their top 5. Their top 5 beat our top 5 that day. It didn't have that much to do with being 10 vs 6. Certainly, their 7-10 didn't make that much difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
      Panthers at the buzzer 59-57. Rematch 8 days later...

Its 10 guys vs 6 guys, thats the difference. Your crowd can't be on the floor or give your starters a break.
      Oh, that simple huh?

Well I take it all back. Panthers by 24.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52
        Your crowd can't be on the floor
        Apparently you haven't been reading the headlines lately :joyous:

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Apparently you haven't been reading the headlines lately :joyous:
          that right there is funny.

I know im on the wrong side of town. I love it here. Every chance I get in STL I like to party with Shocker fans. You guys are great. Can't fault a guy for being a homer :)

Comment

Easily the biggest Valley game in decades. And rightfully being in Koch Arena. I know every player on UNIs team hasn't experienced the crowd that is coming Saturday. The only other thing we need is for our boys to Play Angry! Which I'm sure they will.

Shockers - 65
            Panthers - 60

Comment

Just gotta soak this one in. This is a beautiful situation. This is so good you've gotta pinch yourself to make sure you aren't dreaming.

Win or lose for ether team and it doesn't change the fact that both teams have had amazing seasons and are likely to go a few rounds in the Dance. Conference title is on the line and nothing else. I think it's way better that way. We aren't both bubble teams fighting to see who stays alive, we are two of the best teams in the nation squaring off in a winner hangs a banner matchup. We aren't even concerned over a third place team over taking the loser. Thank you to the Valley for scheduling it this way and thank you to UNI and WSU for being worth it!

I'd love to see the Shocks win, and we will probably even get to see an immediate rematch in another week or so. This is a classic in the making.

WSU - 62
              UNI- 56

Comment

We will win by 11, but under normal circumstances would have won this game by 25. We will be so far ahead in the last 5 minutes of the game, GM is going to start subbing and allow DC and TC walk to the bench with a standing O behind them.

A few minutes later, he'll yank RB and FVV and our huge lead will eventually be whittled down by NIU who still have their starters in the game hoping to get the final margin respectable on national TV.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  We will win by 11, but under normal circumstances would have won this game by 25. We will be so far ahead in the last 5 minutes of the game, GM is going to start subbing and allow DC and TC walk to the bench with a standing O behind them.

A few minutes later, he'll yank RB and FVV and our huge lead will eventually be whittled down by NIU who still have their starters in the game hoping to get the final margin respectable on national TV.

Comment

Good afternoon Shockerland...greetings from Panthernation Texas ;)

I'm super excited for the game. It should be a thrill to watch and be a part of for all involved. Don't really know who will win. I know it'll be an electric and loud environment and super fun!!

The obvious is stopping Tuttle but I think a bigger key you aren't realizing is WSUs dormant offense to start the 2nd half in game one. 6 Fouls, 6 pts in the first 6:30 of the 2nd half. UNI countered with 12 pts and only 3 fouls. In order for WSU to have any chance to keep it competitive again, they will have to avoid that long spurt of inadequacy. UNI has had plenty of those moments this year as well, so same would go for UNI but just from the last time these 2 met up...that was a telling stat.

I was hugely suprised we didn't shoot more threes in the last game against the Shox..in fact, that was the lowest amount of attempts we've taken all year, mainly due because Tuttle couldn't be stopped. So then you put yourself in a position of, well if you try to double the big guy, more 3s will go up and as mentioned before, it's then on UNI to make the shots. They were 5-7 from 3pt land in the game with Tuttle and Singleton!!! hitting 2 of those. UNI shot ONE three in the 2nd half...Marvin's and made it...that's just insane for a 3pt shooting team.

Baker and Van Fleet will have good games, no doubt...can Morgan stay out of foul trouble for UNI? Can Tuttle keep up the production...he's been colder the last 3 games. I'm sure he'll heat up for primetime...or at least I'm hoping.

Wessel is a good player but I don't think he matches up well with UNI, nor does Shaq. Cotton/Carter will HAVE to have a big game, Double double type for WSU to be successful in this one. Boy I wish I was still in college to be a part of this insane atmosphere! I'd so be there!

Here's to an awesome, fun, safe, injury free championship game! Good luck Shox, enjoy the experience!...Go Panthers!

Comment

They're going to shoot worse than the first time.
                      We're going to shoot better.
                      Add 5 points for Koch Arena advantage.
                      Add 3 points for the fact its Senior Day.

We win by 11.

Comment

Rock fight at the Roundhouse. First team to 55 wins and flopping accusations reach an all-time high. I agree with purrrrrfect above - we will see more 3's from the Panthers this go 'round as we focus more on Tuttle. Washpun will be much less of a factor also, but their other snipers can't be overlooked. Looking forward to a good one.

Shocks 57, Panthers 54 - each side makes at least 8 threes and FVV rips the Larry Bird from Tuttle with end of game daggers.

Comment

I'm eager to see how that "Shaq doesn't matchup with UNI" pans out this time around.

Comment

In the visitors' locker room after the game:

Shockers 71
                            UNI 69

Comment

Goes to OT, Shockers win on Freddy V floater. 73-72.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

i don't know but i think if UNI were to lose, by anything other than a blowout, they wouldn't be severely heartbroken. All goals are still in play. I'm sure they would have it in their minds, they want the rubber match in 8 days from then to win it all when it counts most.

Comment

Working...
                                X