ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
    Forecast for next Saturday: 3-5 inches of snow.

Hmm That would be a shame if the ESPN crew couldn't make the drive to Lawrence!
    Ha! I hear ya, but I think last weekend's forecast was the same for this weekend. Maybe the only thing more inconsistent than this week's roller coaster promptly halted by Hero Brian, is our weather!

Comment

• In today's auction contest on Gameday, the analysts were to pick 3 teams to beat Kentucky. With the last bid, Seth G. Was given the choice of N.C, N.D., and another team who I can't recall, and then a "Mystery team". He chose the mystery team and as they started to reveal the team, he thought he had purchased WSU, as he said "I got the wheat..." as they revealed Ohio St. I think he was disappointed.

Comment

• Anyone watching game day just now? They were auctioning teams for their top 4 teams each. At the end there were only 3 teams left to buy. Seth had last pick and he passed up on the 3 teams left and chose the mystery team which was blank. As they uncovered the mystery team I believe Seth starting yelling "Wheat" then that team was Ohio St. I think he was starting to say Wheat shockers? Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

• When @Brian: said "the chuck", I took that to mean the arena that opened in 2003. In which case, this game far exceeds any other in terms of hype. In terms of atmosphere, I'm not sure the Florida State game will be eclipsed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
            In today's auction contest on Gameday, the analysts were to pick 3 teams to beat Kentucky. With the last bid, Seth G. Was given the choice of N.C, N.D., and another team who I can't recall, and then a "Mystery team". He chose the mystery team and as they started to reveal the team, he thought he had purchased WSU, as he said "I got the wheat..." as they revealed Ohio St. I think he was disappointed.
            I caught that too ,, and agree ,,think he really did want the "Wheat"
            From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• He was probably especially disappointed because Ohio St is a terrible pick to beat UK. He was probably left thinking "how were they even a choice?"

Comment

• Official.

Comment

• They just announced the split squad here, then Lowrentz.

Comment

• OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• It's official!
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• They just had a segment on flopping (showing Ron Baker twice when a defender tried to flop). I don't think they did a very good job with trying to show how much it takes to truly knock a guy off his feet because in every case where they applied force the player was stationary. That's usually not the case when a player flops. But at least they tried.

Comment

• ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Yuck

Comment

• ESPN's College GameDay Covered by State Farm will originate from Charles Koch Arena, Home of Devlin Court, on Feb. 28, in advance of the WSU-Northern Iowa game.

Comment

• I'm going to spin this. The crew are going to CKA in the morning. It's going to be rocking. We will bring it and pack the roundhouse, then they'll go to Lowrentz. They'll be there and wondering why it was louder in Wichita. It will put WSU and KU in the same picture as the two premier teams in the state (no more of this "sunflower showdown" nonsense), and the nation will be reminded just how illogical it is that we can't do a home and home. If CKA is good enough for Gameday, it's good enough for anyone.

It's not exactly as we dreamed it, but try to be thankful and make the most out of the opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X