Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Bruce We Trust.

Comment

• I have to wonder if Bruce is aware that Mark Adams is calling the game. If anyone knows of a Gameday broadcast this year that didn't include Bilas/Shulman on the call feel free to let me know, but I believe no Bilas = no Gameday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Royals85 View Post
        I have to wonder if Bruce is aware that Mark Adams is calling the game. If anyone knows of a Gameday broadcast this year that didn't include Bilas/Shulman on the call feel free to let me know, but I believe no Bilas = no Gameday.
        I don't believe Bilas (not sure about Shulman) called the SMU game last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          I don't believe Bilas (not sure about Shulman) called the SMU game last week.
          Correct. Schulman and Bilas were in Syracuse and Bilas joined Gameday from there. Adams doing the game means little in the scheme of Gameday IMO.

Comment

• Going further down the rabbit hole, ESPN has had a split set Gameday each of the last two seasons and said last year during the Louisville-UConn broadcast that they wanted it to be an annual thing.

There are two Gamedays left this year and we haven't had a split set yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
              Correct. Schulman and Bilas were in Syracuse and Bilas joined Gameday from there. Adams doing the game means little in the scheme of Gameday IMO.
              It appears I was remembering all the headlines when it was announced Bilas was replacing Vitale for the Saturday primetime slot. While the majority of Gameday match ups fall in primetime, it's not a prerequisite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Royals85 View Post
                It appears I was remembering all the headlines when it was announced Bilas was replacing Vitale for the Saturday primetime slot. While the majority of Gameday match ups fall in primetime, it's not a prerequisite.
                Except Bilas is one of the four personalities on the Gameday program. He could remote in sometime, but i can't see them doing that very often. He's one of the prime reasons that anyone watches Gameday to begin with.

Also, how did they set up the split last time? Was there one host site with second as a lame satellite. Or did they split the crew?

Comment

• In the most recent split set, they literally packed the whole crew and shipped them from Philly to Storrs, CT in between airings. The one in Philly was taped an hour earlier than normal to accommodate travel IIRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    In the most recent split set, they literally packed the whole crew and shipped them from Philly to Storrs, CT in between airings. The one in Philly was taped an hour earlier than normal to accommodate travel IIRC.
                    That wouldn't be bad. It wouldn't be ideal, but it would be acceptable. It would be better if we could those guys to stick around and watch a game at Koch though.

Comment

• Is it not possible for them to be adding Mark Adams onto the normal Gameday crew? With it being a battle of "mid Majors", it could be interesting to see back and forth between a true mid major enthusiast like Adams and the standard power conference reporters like Bilas. (note: I really like Bilas and his honesty, and he has supported our program quite a bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Is it not possible for them to be adding Mark Adams onto the normal Gameday crew? With it being a battle of "mid Majors", it could be interesting to see back and forth between a true mid major enthusiast like Adams and the standard power conference reporters like Bilas. (note: I really like Bilas and his honesty, and he has supported our program quite a bit)
                        I have seen them have a third person on the broadcast, but it's not common. If that's what they want to do, then great. I just don't have the best feeling about it though.

Comment

• Looks like a lot of hand wringing going on here until Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Looks like a lot of hand wringing going on here until Saturday.
                            Longer than normal break. We could no back to talking about next years scholarship situation. Or we could further discuss Coach's swearing habits, if that's what what you prefer. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                              I have seen them have a third person on the broadcast, but it's not common. If that's what they want to do, then great. I just don't have the best feeling about it though.
                              Agreed, it's not common... But then again when was the last time there was a Gameday for two top 15 mid Majors facing off for a conference championship?.. That's not exactly common either

Going back 5 years the only game I see for gameday that did not involve at least one major team was Jan 19th 2013, #8 Gonzaga @ #13 Butler.

Comment

• Pretty fun stuff to be able to speculate on.

Comment

Working...
                                X