No announcement yet.

ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun fact: if UNI wins this weekend, they will likely be the highest ranked team to roll into Koch since Kansas back in January 1992. We've hosted #12 a few times since then but if my cursory review of the archives is correct this will indeed be the best home opponent we've had in over two decades.

Throw in the fact that a league title will probably be on the line and this sets up to be one for the ages. Pretty exciting stuff.

*Yes I'm fully aware we have games between now and then but this is the Gameday thread so why not. One more reason it should pay us a visit.

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
      I met him at the Missouri State game. Was really nice to me and a buddy. He is calling our game on Sunday vs Evansville.
      This is what I mean. He's calling 2 of our last 3 games.
      The Assman

Comment

• I would love to see Jay Bilas do a Shocker game in Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          This is what I mean. He's calling 2 of our last 3 games.
          There was a day when I hoped WSU got 2 of 30 games on ESPN. And we didn't come close to 2. So I'm perfectly fine with Mark Adams calling as many Shocker games as possible. At least it's not Craig Stevens. At least it's not Gottlieb. There are quite a few guys who call games that aren't even fractionally as knowledgeable about the programs and ones who have a bias against "mid majors." I'm more than thankful for Mark and all he does to promote our program.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I have really been impressed overall with the ESPN announcers this year. In addition to being very favorable to our program, I appreciate the way they have gone back and replayed a questionable foul (for or against) and either commented it was a good or a bad call.

Comment

• Da Bruce just said he expects game day to be in wichita...FWIW.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                Da Bruce just said he expects game day to be in wichita...FWIW.

Comment

• Well if Bruce said it, then it has to be true.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Well if Bruce said it, then it has to be true.
                    I see what you did there. But its still nice to see there are some folks that think its a legitimate possibility. I'll be disappointed if we don't get it. But it won't be the end of the world, so I'm going all in and saying that it happens.

We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Well if Bruce said it, then it has to be true.
                      Lol, hey I'm with you. He seemed fairly confident but then be was also confident that Marcus Armstrong was a great point guard for WSU.

That's why I added the FWIW because coming from Bruce it's probably not WM.

Comment

• Did he go into why he thinks that? Or did he just say it?
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          Did he go into why he thinks that? Or did he just say it?
                          Basically just said it. He talked about game day going to NDSU in football etc. But he kind of acted like he knew something but couldn't really say it publicly. It's radio though so I could have been misreading him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
                            Look, I'm not saying its coming. But all of you with battered fan syndrome convinced its going to Lawrence aren't anymore sure than I am, especially with the way the schedule is set up, and their comments. If you are going to go through life not taking chances because you are convinced its gonna work out against you, you aren't going to have much enjoyment.
                            That got rather deep and not representative of my life, but okay.
                            "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                            Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                              I've been getting that same tone of I know something but I'm not really allowed to say from others as well. I thinking Bruce is right on this.
                              Let’s hope so; I’ve been fasting for over a week…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X