Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speed View Post
    Shox clinch at least 5th in MVC.
    Whew. I don't have tickets for Thursday in St. Louis. :)

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Missouri State is probably as bad as anyone in the Valley right now. Maybe we can get away with another poor performance and walk away saying a win is a win again. Maybe.

After Saturday though the Shocks better be ready to go or they could easily lose 3 or 4 games down the stretch if they continue to play like we have in the last 3 games (LUC, UNI and BU).

We finish with Indiana State, @ Illinois State, @ Southern Illinois, Evansville, @ Indiana State and Northern Iowa. Even if we play well there are plenty of land mines over these final 6 games.

Hopefully, we'll see a some signs of a revival Saturday against the Bears.
      The last time I seen this many signs was at a tent revival when I was knee-high to a grasshoppa. I loved it that FVV got the 11th triple double by a Shocker player. The last time that happened was 1972, Mr. 1972Shocker. FVV just keeps breaking records and is such a special QB for us. You are correct. We have some very tough Valley games left to win. We hope our beloved Shocks can clean the table and take the Lew by storm. Tonight was a step forward but an expected home win against a team that is shorthanded and in a funk. Now, we focus on the trees which will be a tougher win to achieve. I enjoy seeing FVV put the towel on his head like a boxer that just won a big brawl and watching how happy he was when his fellow team-mates were having some nice moments as FVV watched from the pine the last part of the game.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        The last time I seen this many signs was at a tent revival when I was knee-high to a grasshoppa. I loved it that FVV got the 11th triple double by a Shocker player. The last time that happened was 1972, Mr. 1972Shocker. FVV just keeps breaking records and is such a special QB for us. You are correct. We have some very tough Valley games left to win. We hope our beloved Shocks can clean the table and take the Lew by storm. Tonight was a step forward but an expected home win against a team that is shorthanded and in a funk. Now, we focus on the trees which will be a tougher win to achieve. I enjoy seeing FVV put the towel on his head like a boxer that just won a big brawl and watching how happy he was when his fellow team-mates were having some nice moments as FVV watched from the pine the last part of the game.
        If you want an even bigger sign my last basketball high school game I played in was in the Roundhouse in 1968 against an East High team led by Terry Benton who was the last Shocker prior to Fred to produce a triple double.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 7, 2015, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          If you want an even bigger sign my last basketball high school game was played in the Roundhouse in 1968 against an East High team lead by Terry Benton who was the last Shocker prior to Fred to produce a triple double.
          Now Terry Benton was quite the rebounder. It amazes me how many rebounds 6'0" FVV gets. I too want to rewatch that game tomorrow just to again see more Shocker History still again. The Shockers had to carry this fine State to a win tonight. Back to FVV. He was doing dribbling drills one day that were outstanding and amazing. Did I hear he had 11 assists and 0 turnovers? WOW!!! What a great leader!!! Then he takes his turn on the bench cheering for his fellow team-mates, smiling from ear to ear. We are blessed to have such a quality player and special young man on our team!!!!!!!
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
          X