WSU VERSUS MISSOURI STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
    I predict it will be a glorious day in Wichita and Ron Baker will have more 3's tomorrow night than I will have on my scorecard tomorrow afternoon. Ruder will get shut down . . . again, Thurman will be a non-factor and TC will deliver a Top10 worthy slam.

Shocks out of the funk with 69, Bears 51.
    We got us a big home game tonight with bright lights and the world will be watching. We had a poor shooting day vs. UNI and it was Not just because they played tough defense that day. We also missed our fair share of uncontested shot as well. Here is what I think about some future evens and these could very well happen on a home game yet this Season. We actually have several very good shooters on our squad and have had a game where 7 Shockers scored a 3-point shot. Thus, I truly think at least once yet this Season, as a team we will burn up the nets from all over the court from start to finish and keep improving our inside game as well.

There are some personal bests I would say are very well possible this very Season as well. I will mention a few. I think Baker will be the maker of 7-3-pointers in a game, FVV will have 11 assists in one game(we like that number), and look for Cotton to have a double-double night where even other impressive stats will show an all-around game that will sparkle and jump off the stat sheet at us. Last but not least, I believe Carter and Shaq will keep improving to the point that we will make some loud noise in terms of team accomplishments this Season that will compliment our three-headed monsta as we methodically improve our team's execution and peak just when it means the most. With 8 new players, we expected some ups and downs. Looking at the bigger picture, 20-3 is finer than a frog hair at this juncture. Our team's learning curve has been accomplished with some ugly wins, but wins indeed. I'm just hoping our team depth keeps improving at a faster pace now. This will be of essence when we play teams in the Valley such as the Redbirds at their barn and UNI here, not to mention teams that will be Dancing that we will face.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      are we wearing down?
      per kenpom, we're averaging abt 3.5 fewer possessions/game in conference play, which accounts for 4 pts of the difference
      Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
        per kenpom, we're averaging abt 3.5 fewer possessions/game in conference play, which accounts for 4 pts of the difference
        Good observation. Yes, conference play has tended to be at a slightly slower pace, thus reducing scoring slightly. However, there is still a large part of the scoring drop off that is simply due to the offense not performing as well as earlier in the year.

For example, WSU scored 62 points on 60 possessions @ Bradley the other night. The Shox scored 75 points in 58 possessions earlier in the year against Tulsa. That is despite the fact that Tulsa has a very good defense (ranked 25th in defensive efficiency for the year) and Bradley's is just average (ranked 171 in defensive efficiency).

Comment

I don't think we were using a 13 man rotation throughout the whole game against Tulsa either.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I don't think we were using a 13 man rotation throughout the whole game against Tulsa either.
            You're right. Only 12. 9 played 11 minutes or more. Ron, Fred, Tekele, and Evan together averaged about 2 minutes more.
            Last edited by ShockTalk; February 7, 2015, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Wichita State 72
              Missouri State 48
              2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
              2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
              2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
              2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
              The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

Gonna hafta miss for the first time in a long time. Son-in-law and grandson have tix with instructions to yell loud.

Comment

@EnthusiAdams: Pre game meal @DooDahDiner with Brian, @franfraschilla @RichOnSports unbelievable friendly service. I'm stuffed! http://twitter.com/EnthusiAdams/stat...993792/photo/1
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    @EnthusiAdams: When Darius Has 3 or more fouls in a game (9 games/last 3): 8.77 PPG (4 fouls UNI, loss, 5 fouls Utah, loss)
                    When he doesn’t: 13.7 PPG

@EnthusiAdams: A Trend- Wichita State PPG
                    November – 80.5
                    December – 70.7
                    January – 65.6
                    February – 62.0 (one game)
                    The november numbers are misleading when you include a NAIA score in the mix - remove Newman it is 72.3 pts average.

Comment

@PaulS:uellentrop: Zach Brown out with a concussion for tonight's game. #shockers
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        You're right. Only 12. 9 played 11 minutes or more. Ron, Fred, Tekele, and Evan together averaged about 2 minutes more.
                        So I guess we suck and JH4P likes it.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

@LscrantonNL: Missouri St. coach Paul Lusk says on pre-game radio show that Christian Kirk has "health issue." Bears w/7 healthy scholarship players

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                            Wichita State - 89
                            SWMO - 12

yep
                            I was closest.
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                              I was closest.
                              HAHAHAHA

Comment

Shox clinch at least 5th in MVC.
                                Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                                X