WSU VERSUS MISSOURI STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS MISSOURI STATE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Here's the deal. Look for the Bears to seem bipolar versus our Shocks at 21st. and Hillside. I'm predicting the Bears prefer Koko Koalas over Pepsi's and gummy bears over stale nachos. The last 3 games the Shocks have been flat and the 3 games before that were solid. We will be finer than a frog hair in the confines of our own home but I'm not sure we are quite ready to be hitting on all cylinders but we will still win by 11. I want our 3 headed monster to penetrate, dish, execute towards our inside game which will enhance our outside game. We need Baker to shoot more. An off game in our loss recently does not constitute him shooting only 6 times. I would like us to defend in selfish fashion for as close to 40 minutes as possible. Shaq is improving as a rim protector and I want to utilize Carter and Shaq to the max inside in this game.. The Bears are coming off a loss and we must and will defeat them.

Shockers---------70

Ursidae-----------59
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Lots of minutes for the freshmen again.

Scott Thompson 67,
    Mark Bernsen 54

Comment

I have been wrong more times than not when trying to figure out this team. If we hit our average I say Shocks win by 12-16. If we continue this skid, which I think is isolated to the last three games, we win by <5 or even drop one at home. My gut says the 3 game skid ends Saturday.

Go Shocks!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        Lots of minutes for the freshmen again.

No more predictions from me, but I do think this is spot on.

Comment

WSU 78
          MoSt 58
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Shox win. How pretty? No clue.
            -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Missouri State is probably as bad as anyone in the Valley right now. Maybe we can get away with another poor performance and walk away saying a win is a win again. Maybe.

After Saturday though the Shocks better be ready to go or they could easily lose 3 or 4 games down the stretch if they continue to play like we have in the last 3 games (LUC, UNI and BU).

We finish with Indiana State, @ Illinois State, @ Southern Illinois, Evansville, @ Indiana State and Northern Iowa. Even if we play well there are plenty of land mines over these final 6 games.

Hopefully, we'll see a some signs of a revival Saturday against the Bears.

Comment

Comparison from StatSheet

http://
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I won't predict a score (never do), however Gavin Thurman will probably have a career night; he actually played well last night in their loss to Loyola. I wish they'd bring the 'Sugar Bears'... I need to see some sugar! :)
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Could this be what the doctor ordered? Maybe even a new mantra to get us back on track. I know HCGM has embraced the past and said he's looking forward to spending time with these greats this weekend.

"Members of the team will gather for a special dinner on Friday evening and will spend much of Saturday on campus, touring the facilities, observing the current Shockers’ pregame shoot around and later sharing in a pregame meal with the team, prior to its 7:00 p.m. matchup with Missouri State."

Wichita State will recognize the 50th anniversary of one of its greatest athletic achievements this weekend when members of the 1965 men's basketball Final Four team reunite at Charles Koch Arena.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Wow, thanks for posting that. That was the third year of my fandom. Really brings back memories. Melvin Reed could jump out of the gym, I believe he was a highjumper for the track team as well. I have never seen anybody shoot a deep corner shot better than Dave Leach, that covers 50+ years of following Shocker basketball. I was surprised how many of those guys I could still name . Hell, I can't remember who I had lunch with today.
                      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Hard to say...I'll say Aubrey Sherrod 66 Johnny Murdock 62

Comment

I'm predicting the two teams will play on Saturday.

Comment

Seems like if I predict double digit wins the opposite happens and vice versa, so I think I'll go with a single digit victory and hope it's a double digit one. I think this will primarily be a tune-up game for Indiana State, so I see starters getting plenty of playing time to get any lack of confidence back and bench players mainly being used to give them some rest as needed. If we have a big lead then maybe some bench players will get more time, but I think the Bradley game was mainly for that and now it's coming down to more of a lineup and substitutions that we'll see the rest of the month on a pretty steady basis. 74-67 Shox.

Comment

I posted my thoughts on the Bradley game thread (the first such post I have made on a game thread in a long, long time). I don't care how lopsided this game looks on paper, I am not making that mistake again. I will just say I hope the Shocks play to their potential and come out with a win.

Comment

Working...
                              X