Shockers vs Braves GAME Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Last FG for the Shocks at the 12:42 mark. Nuts!
    I kept thinking we would draw fouls at least when we had 2 automatic. Instead we kept fouling them, stopping the clock, ditto, ditto ditto
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• There are 351 Division 1 teams. Bradley is ranked as one of the 100 worst. That's SWAC type of bad.

Road game or not, it is scary that the Shox couldn't put them away, especially since Bradley was shorthanded.

Comment

• I keep hearing a little voice... Charles Barkley saying the Shockers played, "Turrible, just Turrible" Shocks need some home cookin' See you Saturday
        Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Only one word to describe this performance. Pitiful.

Wish I could be happy with a win (which is always better then a loss), but this uninspired play the last thee games has been tough to watch.

They need to figure out how successful they want to be.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
            I have never questioned Marshall but right now I do t think he is pushing the right buttons.

Our team needs to take it to the hoop and then finish or pass for the 3. Not look for the 3 or long jump shot first.
            You might mention it on the Coach's Show.

Comment

• They'll figure it out.

And if they don't. They don't.

Rebuilding year.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Like I said when we haven't settled on a sub pattern this late in the season it is not a good sign. It's not a damn chemistry lab 23 games into the season. Marshall owns some of this poor performance

Comment

• We played almost 20 decent minutes playing against a team struggling that was also missing key players. Spooky!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    This is so weird. The team is now 20-3, and all 3 losses have been spread out with at least 6 wins in between. You would think that based on that information, the season has been a nice, consistent ride on the way to a great NCAA seed.

Instead, to me, it has felt like a roller coaster. Great start, then a disappointing loss at Utah in a game that felt like it was the Shockers' for the taking. A nice bounce back with a blowout over St. Louis and a good win over Seton Hall, but then another low point as the Shox started struggling almost every game, and despite only one loss (George Washington), it felt like they played bad basketball for a month. Then, sure enough, a bunch of blow out wins over MVC teams and things looked good again half way through the MVC regular season. However, boom, UNI smashes the Shox and then tonight, lowly Bradley gives the Shox a nailbiter.

Like I said, biggest roller coaster ride that I could imagine for a 20-3 team that is ranked in the mid teens in the polls and hasn't been particularly troubled with injuries. It will be interesting to see how this thing plays out over the next 6-8 weeks.
                    I completely agree. I don't feel "entitled" either. I'm not trying to be a whiny, complainy fan here or anything. I am thrilled that we are 20-3 and all, but this team has sure looked different the last week. Maybe we can all just take solace in the fact that we are coming out with W's for the most part. Maybe I can just hope that it really is all going to come together down the road, but when you look like this at the start of February, it's odd. This is the end of the season here. This is where you expect the learning curve to be coming together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      There are 351 Division 1 teams. Bradley is ranked as one of the 100 worst. That's SWAC type of bad.

Road game or not, it is scary that the Shox couldn't put them away, especially since Bradley was shorthanded.
                      Yeah we know Capt Obvious

Comment

• Ugly but in the end it is a W and will be indistinguishable on the resume from our 30 point blowouts of similarly shitty teams.

Ya gotta appreciate how good life is when we can all sit around ***** about road wins. There were so many years in the 90s when we would have given a kidney just to beat some dung heap away from Levitt (or even at Levitt).

I am glad I am a fan and not a player though. Practice will continue to be zero fun for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Last FG for the Shocks at the 12:42 mark.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
                            I keep hearing a little voice... Charles Barkley saying the Shockers played, "Turrible, just Turrible" Shocks need some home cookin' See you Saturday
                            LMAO

Comment

• We were missing our fizz for the last 20 minutes on offense. Why?

Comment

• P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 shots for Ron Baker??????? You got to be kidding me. Is this team in trouble?

Comment

Working...
                                X