No announcement yet.

Shockers vs Braves GAME Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Dennis is killing me! All night he acted like a 10 point lead was a 50 point lead.

On cue, the minute he boasted about WSU using 12 men and never being seriously challenged, blah, blah, blah....the Bravess nailed a 3. I like the guy and find his radio show entertaining but he was making a fool of himself. Bruce needs to reign this guy in a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
      How many 20 win seasons in a row?
      We were 17-17 in the 2008-09 season. We've been above 20 wins per season since.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
        How many 20 win seasons in a row?
        You are right. I am happy.

Here's something to think about. Did we play this bad against UNI? We actually might have. We might have made them look really good when the truth is we are in a slump. Maybe they didn't have as much to do with that win as they would like to think. I mean, we just played really flat against the worst team in the league tonight. I wouldnt credit much of this showing to Bradley. We "beat" ourselves tonight and managed to pull out the W. I'd like to think we beat ourselves against UNI too. Hopefully the team is through the slump and we correct this matter on Feb 28th :)

Comment

• HCGM has been out coached the last three games, can't find the right combo off the bench and doesn't have Chris Jans to turn to. He is probably doing a little soul searching and really can't say what he feels in an interview.

I predict he will right the ship and his assts will step up their game

Comment

• I thought it was bad coaching tonight. We had numerous opportunities to put them away and Coach decided he wanted to do lineup experiments. No better way to kill the rhythm than to make sure everyone plays. We have freshmen that aren't ready to compete. Darius and Shaq hacking anyone within 3 feet of the goal didn't help either. I hope the team gets lit up after his pitiful performance because they need an eye opener.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              You might mention it on the Coach's Show.
              Not this clever response again.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                HCGM has been out coached the last three games, can't find the right combo off the bench and doesn't have Chris Jans to turn to. He is probably doing a little soul searching and really can't say what he feels in an interview.

I predict he will right the ship and his assts will step up their game
                Originally posted by Dan View Post
                I thought it was bad coaching tonight. We had numerous opportunities to put them away and Coach decided he wanted to do lineup experiments. No better way to kill the rhythm than to make sure everyone plays. We have freshmen that aren't ready to compete. Darius and Shaq hacking anyone within 3 feet of the goal didn't help either. I hope the team gets lit up after his pitiful performance because they need an eye opener.
                It always seems like that when you aren't making shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  And to think after that Drake game just a couple of weeks ago it looked like the boys were ready to run roughshod over the MVC, and all other comers sans UK.

WTF?

I really think ACCJ was an emotional buffer for this program, and without him we are all over the place. I'm not paranoid or anything, just think there is a leadership deficit we are working through this season.
                  Jans is probably missed. But subtract Cleanthony and plug in Evan and you have some real challenges plus we lost some grown men in the post.

Comment

• I look back and this game is similar to losing to a putrid SIU team two years ago after we had a huge lead on that goal tending call. About this time of year as i recall.
                    At least we won tonite

Comment

• Right On 1972Shocker !

"But subtract Cleanthony and plug in Evan and you have some real challenges"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        We were 17-17 in the 2008-09 season. We've been above 20 wins per season since.
                        Thanks, watched the game in the ER. Had to bring the M in L in. 3 point win works for me tonight.
                        Last edited by wusphlash; February 5, 2015, 09:04 AM.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Our last 3 games were flat with 1 loss. We played solid the 3 games before those. Time to win pretty, win and improve, and if we play ugly, win ugly. That is all.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            I think that

has become a joke by now. I certainly chuckle when I see it by now.
                            Probably right...I took the bait though.
                            :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                              Even Ron Baker sounds checked out. What is going on.
                              Why wouldn't he sound checked out after tonight? Best offensive threat in the league and he got 6 fg attempts tonight. SIX!

Do we really need to go any further in trying to figure out our offensive "funk?" He didn't get a look after hitting the back-to-back 3's with 13 minutes left.

Comment

• The date of the SIU turd two years ago was 5 Feb. Kind of interesting. We then lost to NIU before the play angry speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X