No announcement yet.

#12 WSU @ #18 UNI - Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're not only still tied for first after this game, we still have all of the power.

If we win every other game on our schedule, we still win the Valley. We don't need UNI to mess up again.

Comment

• I would like to see Shaq and Carter both start.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• All should remember, this was the 18th ranked team in the country. This is not the UNI that quit in CKA last year. They played well, we did not. Be disappointed, not mad. Lose to Bradley and you can be mad. Besides, it will make your February 28 all the more enjoyable.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          NBA - Heat
          MLB - Yankees
          Both of these teams would have caused a great deal more disappointment in the last twelve months than WSU has :poster_wsu:

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            These responses become so predictable with you.

It helps getting those games on your home floor, or even on a neutral floor. We play Utah here, we win. When we play UNI here, we'll win (I predict by double-digits).

We've beaten 3 Top 50 teams so I don't understand your "finally beat a quality team" comment.

Chill out and gain some perspective. You're losing it... AGAIN.
            And your trolling is even more predictable than me. At least I only go chicken-little on losses, you troll the board every day win or lose.

First, there is a massive gap between Seton Hall and a team like UNI or Utah. Second, Seton Hall and Tulsa aren't exactly top-50 teams on the road (neither is Alabama for that matter). Third, we were outplayed for 35+ minutes against Utah, against Alabama, against Hawaii, against GWU, and now against UNI. The final outcome of those games doesn't change the fact that for the majority of those games, we were getting schooled. The only difference in this game is that we didn't have a semi-miraculous comeback like we did in some of those games to make the score look better at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              I would like to see Shaq and Carter both start.
              We like that idea too..

Comment

Good grief dude.

Here, let me help you out with teams to cheer for where you might be less disappointed than as a WSU fan:

College Football - Alabama
                College Basketball - Kentucky
                NFL - Patriots
                NBA - Heat
                MLB - Yankees

HTH...
                NBA: Lakers

Although, not the past couple years. They'll be back though.
                The Assman

Comment

TOTALLY with you. The complexion of our lineup on the floor drastically changes with DC and SM share floor time.

Comment

I mentioned that a few games back.

Think it would help in a lot of ways.
                    The Assman

Comment

TOTALLY with you. The complexion of our lineup on the floor drastically changes with DC and SM share floor time.
                      I think the most important value to this lineup is that it keeps Carter from playing defense at the five position.

I do hope that becomes our lineup moving forward. I think that lineup gives us the best chance at success in the postseason.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• It alway sucks to lose but how many people had this as a win in the early parts of the season. I definitely thought we'd have a better showing, but we'll be alright. We just missed an opportunity to raise our profile and we stayed stagnant instead. Keep working and finish strong. I remember years when just squeaking into the top 50 range was what we longed for. The last few years we have been playing well beyond that and this game has zero negative bearing on our NCAA tournament profile as far as "in or out." Seeding maybe but there's a lot of games left.

I'm trying to put myself in UNI's shoes and let them enjoy this awesome moment that came at our expense. Good for them. Good for Jacobsen and I'll look forward to two MVC runs in the Dance now that I know UNI is for real.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          I loved American Sniper. Great movie. Don't think it's going to cheer you up though.
                          I hear you. My youngest son hasn't seen it, so I promised him we would see it tonight. Maybe seeing Chris Kyle hitting all those long-distance shots will give me some symbolic gesture of things to come for our Shockers.
                          :-)

Comment

I would too, especially when there's a 6'11" or taller guy starting on the other team. There were times when Shaq handled Tuttle well. I like Evan, but asking him to guard Tuttle is a tall order, so to speak, and guys like Tuttle will take advantage of the matchup more than anything. I'd like to see Evan come off the bench early on to give others a rest. Giving Shaq some starting time would be a nice reward as well for turning things around - wouldn't be surprised if we maybe see it during a game against a weaker opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              42 points in 35 minutes won't win you a lot of games either.
                              You can say that again.

Signed,
                              Creighton

Comment

• I posted this over at MVCFans, but worth noting again:

This is the first loss by more than 13 for WSU since losing by 14 @ San Diego State in 2010. SDSU went on to lose in the Sweet 16 to eventual National Champs UCONN. We've only lost by double digits twice since then, the last time March 2nd, 2013, to Creighton by 12. In other words, it's the first double digit loss without numerous injuries in four and a half years.

Forget about everything else, and go look at the kind of margins other teams have lost by. Kansas lost by 25 to Temple THIS year -- that's a margin of loss you'd have to go back to Marshall's first season here to see. Wisconsin lost by 10 to Duke this year. Duke lost by 12 and 16 in consecutive games this year. Kentucky lost two games by double digits last year. UNC lost by 10 today, their second double digit loss this year. Virginia lost twice last year by double digits. Gonzaga lost twice by double digits last year. Louisville lost by double digits a few games ago.

As far as I can tell, Arizona is the only team in the country who had a longer streak without a double digit loss before today, going back to February 2013.

It's easy to forget good teams lose with the run we've been on.
                                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                                X