X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
    i have no idea what to do... it's been too long since a real beatdown

assistance plz
    A couple of beers should do the trick; not 10. :)
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

assistance plz
      Realize how rare it actually happens for us, and then realize how often it happens to even the most prestigious of programs. Then sit back and remember we're still 18-3 and in first place in the Valley.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
        Very honest evaluation by Coach on the post game show.
        What said he?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Some of you need to have an overdose on the chill pill.

For the most part, this L was not unexpected. Sure the final margin sucks, but most objective WSU fans have had this game circled as the most likely L on the season for some time now. Further, we lost to a damn good team. Haven't we wanted another MVC team to step onto the national stage? Here they are... oh, and with that granted wish comes a few L's.

Good grief, we are still on the mountain, and have a top 50, top 100, and top 150 talent coming in next year. We spend almost twice as much as the average in our conference, and have a NCOY at the helm. We still get the purple edition of "you're not a state" back in our house at the end of this regular season, where you can be guaranteed the shooting percentages will be vastly different.

It is just a single loss people... against a very solid team at their house.
          Bingo.

It's amazing how ugly the monster has become.

If you don't lose enough, people don't know how to react when it actually happens. They have zero perspective on the big picture. I'm embarrassed for some of the reactions here.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• VanVleet ended up with 3 assists and 4 turnovers. If we could have made even close to our 3-pt percentage, he probably would have had close to 10 assists.

Comment

• I'm only disappointed because I felt this was the game to finally break the barrier and beat a quality team. We'd been playing better and better throughout conference play and looked like we would finally be able to show the nation we were a top team. Then that happened. Not only were we as bad against UNI as we were against Utah and GW, we were worse. We could have shown that our poor performance against our toughest tests was just a fluke, instead the opposite happened. We get two more chances to prove we can play like a top team when we aren't playing the sisters of the poor, both to the team that just schooled us.

I still think we win the Valley, but I am really pessimistic on this team's ability to bring it in big games.

Comment

• RPI stays at 12, SOS improves to 64.

Back away from the ledge.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  Some of you need to have an overdose on the chill pill.

For the most part, this L was not unexpected. Sure the final margin sucks, but most objective WSU fans have had this game circled as the most likely L on the season for some time now. Further, we lost to a damn good team. Haven't we wanted another MVC team to step onto the national stage? Here they are... oh, and with that granted wish comes a few L's.

Good grief, we are still on the mountain, and have a top 50, top 100, and top 150 talent coming in next year. We spend almost twice as much as the average in our conference, and have a NCOY at the helm. We still get the purple edition of "you're not a state" back in our house at the end of this regular season, where you can be guaranteed the shooting percentages will be vastly different.

It is just a single loss people... against a very solid team at their house.
                  Those who are accustomed to losing would agree with. I for one do not like losing at anything. Yah, the frustration will subside come March. Losing sucks period.
                  When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    I'm only disappointed because I felt this was the game to finally break the barrier and beat a quality team. We'd been playing better and better throughout conference play and looked like we would finally be able to show the nation we were a top team. Then that happened. Not only were we as bad against UNI as we were against Utah and GW, we were worse. We could have shown that our poor performance against our toughest tests was just a fluke, instead the opposite happened. We get two more chances to prove we can play like a top team when we aren't playing the sisters of the poor, both to the team that just schooled us.

I still think we win the Valley, but I am really pessimistic on this team's ability to bring it in big games.
                    This was a ROAD game!
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by KSUUWSU View Post
                      Coach on the post game interview,"It starts with me!" Damn straight it does.
                      Let's see. I wonder what Marshall can say? How about, "Make more of your shots."

Comment

assistance plz
                        go out and eat a steak and move on (that what I'm going to do). Just one game.

Makes you wonder if the Coaches lack of adjustments is more about not having Chris Jans?

Comment

I'm only disappointed because I felt this was the game to finally break the barrier and beat a quality team. We'd been playing better and better throughout conference play and looked like we would finally be able to show the nation we were a top team. Then that happened. Not only were we as bad against UNI as we were against Utah and GW, we were worse. We could have shown that our poor performance against our toughest tests was just a fluke, instead the opposite happened. We get two more chances to prove we can play like a top team when we aren't playing the sisters of the poor, both to the team that just schooled us.

I still think we win the Valley, but I am really pessimistic on this team's ability to bring it in big games. I haven't see the extra gear. We can beat the lower end tourney teams about 50% of the time (Seton Hall), but we've been dominated by 10-25 level teams and I'd hate to imagine facing the top 10.
                          These responses become so predictable with you.

It helps getting those games on your home floor, or even on a neutral floor. We play Utah here, we win. When we play UNI here, we'll win (I predict by double-digits).

We've beaten 3 Top 50 teams so I don't understand your "finally beat a quality team" comment.

Chill out and gain some perspective. You're losing it... AGAIN.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Like others, not really mad. Losing in March to them would be worse than in January, but I don't see that happening. I was kind of surprised how even with 5 minutes left and down 15+ I still thought we had a chance and I think their crowd did too as they would cheer whenever UNI got the ball over half court within 10 seconds. UNI didn't have many weaknesses today, but handling pressure is not their strong suit obviously, in more ways than one. I think when we're up double digits with just a few minutes left I'm pretty sure the game is in hand - UNI must not have that same feeling or they just have a lot of respect for WSU comebacks.

Just checked the box score and we were 5 for 24 from 3, with Ron going 2 for 10. Would have loved to see Ron tried going for And-1's instead - might as well try getting a three that way if your shot isn't falling and maybe get some of their guys in foul trouble. Announcers kept saying how good their defense was, and it was at times, but when you're playing a team that's chucking up 3's and missing you don't need great defense. Just guys in the right places for long rebounds. If those 3's had fallen it would have been an easy win probably or at least a lot closer game.

Best thing though about this game will be it'll be a great teaching moment for the coaches and exposes things to work on. Show it to the players over and over and learn from it and get better. WSU basically beat itself today more than anything - file it away as something that leaves a bad taste in the mouth and use it for motivation to begin a new winning streak.

Comment

Are you only using top 25 ranking in your criteria to define a "quality" team?

Your post seems a hair over-the-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                Let's see. I wonder what Marshall can say? How about, "Make more of your shots."
                                That would be great for starters.
                                When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

Working...
                                X