#12 WSU @ #18 UNI - Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    UNI split the title with Creighton in 2009 (and did have 1 seed at Arch Madness) and won outright in 2010. I'm going to have to think on the third one. That very well could be incorrect.
    Well, the third one is this year I think. Based on what I've seen so far, that game was for the title and the race is over. We are old news and the torch has been passed.

Comment

• I went back and checked. Since 2002, UNI has one outright regular season title (2010) and one shared title (2009). That's it.

Comment

• A guy just called in and asked Bruce if we've played UNI before.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          A guy just called in and asked Bruce if we've played UNI before.
          He sounded drunk too

Comment

• Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
            But cut the **** of knocking our program, its not like we're 2008 Drake for crying out loud.
            I haven't seen this at all on here. The feeling I've got is that everyone here is glad UNI is good this year.

You're not making yourself, or your team's fan base, look good here. Coming off an undefeated season, it makes sense that every team this year (and last) would give us their best shot, because they wanted to be the one to take us down. I say that from a purely logical standpoint, not as an insult to UNI or any other program. When we say it's their "super bowl", we're observing the fact that the game against WSU for all of these programs tends to draw far more people than any other home game, and everyone (team, fans, marketing, etc) puts far more effort into everything when WSU comes to town. Or.. In the case of Missouri State, they had a countdown clock on their website for months before their game against us. What else would you call that?

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

I'm just trying to enjoy the ride to March. I don't expect a very long stay. Eventually we'll have to play schools as good as UNI and Utah in the dance, and I have zero confidence we can play that level of ball. At least we'll keep Ron and Fred and give Shaq and co. another year to improve.
              Bump

Comment

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                Oops.

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                As a note: UNI is tied for last place in the Valley at 2-6 after losing at SIU by 11.

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Bump
              LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad we amounted to nothing that year.

So classic, shoxlax. Well done.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
              X